Currently working as a researcher in Center for Sustainable Asian Cities Lab @National University of Singapore acquiring knowledge and skills to design sustainable urban environments after completing masters program at NUS
For public profile (click on link below)
TESCO, Bangalore, IN, Manager Operations - Retail Planning
• Managed the Retail Planning department – a team of 70 professionals that included architects, planners, interior designers and diploma holders
• Coordinated with the Store Planning heads at UK and their support functions to help develop \ refresh over 4000 stores across UK & Ireland.
• Reviewed team performance periodically and manage them effectively; Conducted regular feedback sessions with the team and reviewed critical SLAs periodically.
• Developed innovative solutions and ideas to help make process simpler and come up with smarter ways of working, along with regular design reviews
• Participated and engaged with other departments to update team and self about new store planning principles, guidelines and changes in store format (extensions, acquisitions, new stores and refresh)
• Ensured handover of duties phase wise by keeping the next team member ready to take up additional responsibilities to ensure adherence to service level agreements
• Managed talent by internal movements of 25+ members within a short span of time, to various roles within the process
Satellier Inc., New Delhi, IN, Project Manager / Sr. Int. Architect
• Worked on Hospitality design projects like hotels, resorts, commercial spaces and health spas and later moved into the Furniture Design Department.
• Involved in business development for the department; clients included design firms, furniture dealers and furniture manufacturers such as Steelcase, Teknion, Knoll, Haworth, and Global in Canada and USA.
• As a Senior Designer, involved in space planning, design layouts; As a Specifier, generated drawings & specification sheets using software such as AutoCAD, CAPSTUDIO and Design Express for furniture dealers
• Involved in Project Management (including assigning tasks to team, schedule meetings with both external and internal clients, and updating weekly & monthly reports) and Design coordination with Architects, Interior Designers, Project Managers, and Onsite across projects in Canada and USA
Arun & Associates, Coimbatore, IN, Projects Head & Design coordinator
• Responsible for client relationship and design consultation with clients
• Worked towards completion of various Residential and Commercial Projects in Chennai and Coimbatore
• Coordinated with design team and assisted in detailing, working drawings & specifications; Co-ordinated with various vendors, contractors, purchasing and product/material knowledge
Dorma, Chennai, IN, Architect - Concepts and Specifications
• Created interior and exterior environments using DORMA concepts, design and products specifications
• Built awareness, availability and acceptability to project management consultants, real estate / property developers and interior designers based on the technical superiority, durability and functional dependability.
• Provided turnkey techno commercial and design solutions for architects and interior designers in their projects, in drawings, presentations and on site.
• Involved in providing solutions to the professional community based on cost inputs provided by DORMA India.
• Designed concepts for the Home Segment and Glass Division, which includes hinged doors, pivoted doors, sliding doors, movable partitions, shower cubicles and interior furnishings
National University of Singapore, Singapore, SG, Masters, MSc. Integrated Sustainable Design
Center for Environmental Planning and Technology University (CEPT), Ahmedabad, IN, Bachelors, Interior Architecture and Design
Recipient, CEPT Award for Work on Sustainable Development presented by the Governor of Gujarat -India, -Feb 2002