As a recent graduate from the New York School Of Interior Design, I am excited to reach out to positions within the hospitality realm of design. Having received my undergraduate degree in Architecture from Philadelphia University, I have a keen understanding of how a building functions, and I am looking for a position with a firm that practices both Architecture and Interior Design.
Architecture and interior design are one in the same to me. A building is only as successful as its functionality. It may be visually appealing and innovative, however if it is not utilized correctly it quickly may lose its luster. I have the ability architecturally to understand a space before having to design the interior. The best results come from a collaborative environment when architects and interior designers are working together to produce the most successful project as possible. I posses both of these abilities, and strive to encourage each designer to take a similar stance.
Rendering is a skill that I pride myself on. I believe a rendering is the make or break factor when clients are deciding which designer to choose. If they are presented with an image of what the space will look like upon completion, then this gives them a greater understanding of the designers vision.
Tui Lifestyle, New York, NY, US, Design Intern
- Completed AutoCad Drawings: Elevations, Sections, Details, Floor-plans
- Designed and assisted in on-site installations of finished projects
- Assembled lookbooks for review of clients
BAM Architecture Studio, New York, NY, US, Interior Design Intern
- Assisted designers in AutoCAD drawings in CD and DD phases of the design process.
- Instrumented a new system in the firm which showcases innovative green materials to the New York and North Carolina office titled "Materials Corner." Email blasts occur two to three times a month.
- Assisted in FF&E selections on several projects
- Organized and maintained the materials library
Erdy McHenry Architecture, Philadelphia, PA, US, Architecture Intern
- A partnership firm focusing on multidisciplinary projects such as student housing, places of worship, mixed use, and office spaces.
- Computer-based drafting
- Organizational skills to sort drawing sets
- Model Making
- Project book assembly
New York School of Interior Design (NYSID), New York, NY, US, Masters, Masters of Fine Arts in Interior Design: Post Professional
- Focused on all aspects of interior design from lighting, exhibition, commercial, retail, and my passion of hospitality design.
Thesis Project- Hotel Ambrosine; An immersive hotel environment was designed driven by a dark narrative of obsession, voyeur and murder. Characters were developed from site analysis, and each design decision was inspired by a characters personality, mannerism, and even their death.
- Graduated with Honors
- Recipient of the Chairman's Award
Philadelphia University, Philadelphia, PA, US, BArch, Architecture
Minor: Multimedia and Visualization
The Chairman's Award, Award
The Chairman's Award was given to me upon my graduation from the New York School Of Interior Design. It was an award established in order to recognize outstanding creative achievements made by a graduating student. This was the highest recognition awarded at the ceremony.