I am a LEED accredited architectural consultant with 14 years experience in design/build type integrated project delivery for leading commercial retailers and homeowners nationwide. Passionate for adaptive reuse, sustainable building and design, and innovative problem solving; armed with an inquisitive mind and a strong work ethic. Adept at managing multiple projects and developing efficient work processes. Equipped with communications skills to bridge the gaps between owners, architects, designers, contractors, consultants, vendors and municipal agencies.
I have a diverse collection of interests and hobbies that compliment my professional work, and which I use to relate to people on a personal level to develop strong relationships.
Self Employed, Sherman Oaks, CA, US, Design/Build Consultant
Projects in progress:
• Residentail: Design of a 2,800 sq ft, 2-story, single-familoy residence in West Harwich, MA.
• Residential: Construction drawings for (3) 5,000 sq ft, 2-story, single family residence development in Bel Air, CA.
• Residential: Construction drawings for a single family home remodel in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA.
• Commercial: Survey and Construction drawings for (13) tenant improvement projects for Vons/Safeway
Palladeo, Glendale, CA, US, Project Manager
Specialty Retail: The Shave of Beverly Hills, Jelly Belly, Clearwire, Starbucks, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, T-Mobile, Jamba Juice, Washington Mutual. Grocery Retail: Vons/Safeway, Albertsons/Supervalu, Bristol Farms, Ralphs, El Super, Tresierras, Sav-On, Bicycle Club Casino. Educational: Opportunities for Learning
• Demonstrated leadership, organizational skills, and technical expertise in managing multiple projects simultaneously for a full service design/build firm.
• Developed and maintained client relationships, from determining scope of work through the design and construction phases.
• Managed multiple aspects of project coordination, including site surveys, building, accessibility and zoning code analysis, construction drawings utilizing Autocad, Structural and M/E/P engineering coordination, entitlements, job site observations, and construction administration for projects across the country.
• Directed entitlement procurement, including a myriad of Building, Health, and Conditional Use Permits as well as Landlord Approvals.
• Assembled project labor estimates and proposals, reviewed consultant invoicing, tracked project costs, and processed submittals, change orders and additional service requests.
• Analyzed tenant lease and design criteria documents.
• Projects include a 24-store regional rebranding campaign for Clearwire, a 25-store décor evolution remodel campaign for Vons in Southern California, and a 30-site pharmacy tenant improvement roll-out for Savon throughout southern California and Nevada.
• Initiated a company-wide culture shift toward sustainable operations which led to eliminating pick-up trucks and adding hybrids to company fleet, reducing annual fuel costs by $44,000.
• Completed award application for Albertson’s first LEED (Silver) store, featured in 2010 Southern California Real Estate and Construction Review.
• Assisted design and maintenance of proprietary Palladeo Information Portal - an interdivisional, networked project management database.
Bergmeyer Associates, Boston, MA, US, Job Captain
Specialty Retail: Karen Millen, Hermes, Hanna Andersson, Levi Strauss & Co., Ecko Unlimited, Puma, French Connection, Talbots, Museum of Fine Arts Boston
• Managed and trained staff in site surveys, building and accessibility code research, construction documents utilizing Autocad, millwork shop drawing review, job site observation and construction administration.
• Projects include first two stores in the U.S. for international retailer Karen Millen and initial rollout of retail stores for Ecko Unlimited.
TPG Architecture, New York, NY, US, Draftsman
Specialty Retail: Kenneth Cole, Kenneth Cole Reaction, H&M, Sephora, Nautica, Hugo Boss, Talbots
• Conducted code research and site surveys, drafted construction documents utilizing Autocad, developed job site observation reports, provided construction administration on specialty retail flagship and roll-out stores for a large architectural firm in midtown Manhattan.
• Assumed additional management responsibilities for completion of Kenneth Cole’s flagship Reaction store in New York City following resignation of project manager.
Corporate Design Associates, New York, NY, US, Draftsman
Drafted commercial interiors for a small 4-person firm.
Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY, US, Bachelors, Environmental Design / Interiors
A design studio program focusing on the relationship of the person to the room, the room to the building, and the building to the city, complimented with a core curriculum of humanities classes.