J o v i a l S a n o n
Boston Architectural College Boston, MA
MS in Architecture January 2012
Wentworth Institute of Technology Boston, MA
BS in Architectural Engineering Technology August 2004
• Extensive knowledge of architectural design, reviewing and developing construction documents
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to work independently and strong team player.
• Self-motivated with a persistent work ethic, willing to work long hours, determined to attain personal and company goals.
• With extensive experience in retail design and management I am looking for an opportunity where I can best utilize my expertise and continue to develop professionally
Design: Architectural Models, 3D Modeling, Hand Sketching, Technical drawings and Final construction drawings
Software: Proficient in: Revit, Auto CAD, ArchiCAD, Sketch UP, Punch Master Landscape Pro, Vector Works, PhotoShop, Illustrator, In-Design, Freehand, PageMaker, and MS Office.
Systems: Proficient in PC and Mac platforms
Architectural Coordinator/Store Designer April 2005-November 2011
• Responsible for construction document and specification manual review for over 360 Staples locations nationwide
• Served as architectural project manager for the design phase of new store and tenant improvement projects
• Developed drawings and managed technical issues with Project Managers
• Participated in design strategy sessions and presentations; managed day to day design concept/process consistent with each project's program, budget and time constraints
• Ensured that Staples design policies, specifications, procedures and standards are followed
• Coordinated and communicated regularly with landlords, managers, consultants, and team members regarding project status
• Performed code and zoning analyses
• Managed and approved drafting activities within the architectural services department
• Developed lease exhibit documents using a variety of graphic techniques and media
• Utilized draft sketches, images and designs/drawings of others to prepare architectural plans and renderings
• Conducted material research, met with vendors to understand materials and products, then present findings to Directors and VP’s
• Prepared, reviewed and approved fixture plans for distribution
• Reviewed projects for accuracy and presented projects to the director of architectural services for corporate approval
• Participated in prototype design developments, including making adaptations and modifications with prototype architects and other designers relating to specific aspects of Staples overall designs concept
• Red line drawings and distribute to store designers and drafters
• Oversee the electronic storage of plans on the corporate server as well as manage the storage of printed media, blueprints, and reproduced documents.
• Provided training to new hires on the plan review process and communicating Staples’ guidelines to the landlord(s)
• Organized and lead site visit surveys
Intern Facility Engineer January 2003-April 2003
• Utilized AutoCAD in updating architectural drawings of the South Boston facility
• Created new floor plans for the Gillette south Boston facility.
• Conducted research or consults with specialists for assistance in document preparation
• Worked closely with plumbing and mechanical consultants in revising and creating construction documents.
• Organized architectural drawings for easier navigation by staff members
• Worked with intermediate and senior level staff to review work for design integrity, accuracy, clarity and quality
• Closely interacted with business partners and clients to ensure timely deliverables (floor plans, drawings, models, etc.)
G. Brouillette and Son, Inc.,
Intern Technical Staff Associate September 2003-December 2003
• Analyzed building plans to develop estimates on awarded projects for various roofing companies.
• Prepared Bid proposals and submittals for clients’ review & approval.
• Utilized G. Brouillette & Son’s established techniques, procedures and equipment to prepare and/or correct construction documents
• Worked closely with landlords and their respective advisors in negotiating the company’s pricing methods.
• Reviewed, coordinated and implemented review comments from landlords on mechanical drawings with the staff.
Loss Prevention Associate May 2004-2006
• Ensured product security for over 40 000 square feet of electronics space
• Conducted weekly detailed inventory reports
• Maintained digital media storage of daily store activities
• Assisted with weekly staff scheduling
Building Technology Design of Steel & Wood Structures
Light & Heavy Construction Technology Structures in Architecture
Mechanical & Plumbing Systems Construction Estimating & Scheduling
Electrical Lighting & Power Systems Site planning & Engineering
Design Studios Project Management
French, Haitian Creole
Staples Incorporated, Framingham, MA, US, Architectural Coordinator/ Store Designer
ARCHITECTURAL COORDINATOR & STORE DESIGNER RESPONSIBILITIES
Assisted as an Architectural Project Manager for the design phase of new store and tenant improvement projects nationally.
Manage, coordinate, and approve drafting activity within the Architectural Services department.
Coordination of Lease Exhibits, Concept/Fixture Plan & the Construction Documents during all stages of the construction process.
Serve as primary contact to assist landlords and architects /engineers during all stages of construction.
Review projects for accuracy and present them to the Director of Architectural Services for corporate approval.
Review and approve fixture plans for distribution.
Prioritize department activities according to the weekly construction and merchandise schedules.
Update prototype templates as revisions occur
Oversee the electronic storage of plans on the corporate server as well as manage the storage of printed media, blueprints, and reproduced documents.
Software proficient in: Auto CAD, Revit BIM, Archibus, Sketch UP, Punch Master Landscape Pro, Vector Works, PhotoShop, Illustrator, In-Design, Freehand, PageMaker, and MS Office.
Boston Architectural College (BAC), Boston, MA, US, MArch, Architecture
Master's of Architecture
Wentworth Institute of Technology, Boston, MA, US, BArch, Architecture Engineering
Bachelor of Architecture Engineering