see all...Viewing 3 out of 9 projects
I am a young, vibrant, intelligent, and dedicated young architect looking to work for a forward thinking firm in my area. My work experiences thus far have shaped me into a well rounded individual, allowing real world experiences to combine with my desire and ability to learn and design. I am experienced with many useful programs, drawing and modeling techniques, as well as schools of thought. I am beyond eager to put these skills to use in my field and all fields related. Design for me permeates throughout everything.
Faros Design. Build. Remodel. LLC, Stratford, CT, US, Designer / Builder
Faros is a design/build company which specializes in residential kitchen and bathroom remodels, additions, new construction, and conceptual design services. While working with Faros:
- I have been involved in the design of several kitchens and bathrooms as well as aiding in their construction.
- I have assisted in the design and realization of the company website, organizing, describing and posting works.
- I have been involved in the planning phases of Faros' expansion to Rhode Island, developing a marketing scheme and target area for coastal homes.
Prime Solutions, Inc., New Milford, CT, US, Assistant Project Manager / AutoCAD Manager
I was hired at PSI to assist in their drafting department. After a few months, I became heavily involved in all aspects of the company from marketing to quality control. During my employment with PSI:
- I have built a great rapport with both the management and employees, helping to create and sustain a productive work environment.
- I have been involved in the design of utility electrical vaults for United Illuminating in New Haven and in Bridgeport, CT.
- I have served as the company's main correspondent to Northeast Utilities, helping to assist and meet their drafting needs.
- I have been heavily involved in the design and realization of over 11 megawatts of solar energy in the state of New Jersey.
- I have been able to utilize my architectural skills in the multiple designs of our proposed office space, while also gaining futher experience in the management of its construction.
Leigh Overland Architects, Danbury, CT, US, Drafting / Revit Assistant
Leigh Overland contracts me to assist with drafting and Revit modeling. While working for Leigh:
- I have assisted in the design, 3D modeling, layout, and construction documents for the renovated Portugese Cultural Center in Danbury, CT.
- I have aided in the schematic design phase of a proposed teacher's bank which bested three other submissions in competition.
Competitive Resources, Inc., Wallingford, CT, US, Technician
Competitive Resources is an energy auditing company that specializes in residential energy efficiency. While working for CRI:
- I have performed energy audits in every kind of housing, gaining great insights on how energy efficiency translates in the real world from insulation to lighting.
- I have performed blower door testing, HVAC testing, and have actively sealed the leakages found in these areas.
- I have acquired my BPI (Building Performance Institute) certification which is earned by individuals who have gone through an extensive home efficiency course, illustrating competency and knowledge about energy savings.
Kratzert-Jones & Associates, Southington, CT, US, Architectural Assistant
Kratzert-Jones Associates is a civil/structural/land surverying firm which I interned with while studying for my degree. While working for KJA:
- I was engaged in the layout and design of streets, underground utilities, site grading and subdivisions.
- I assisted our lead surveyor with everything from tracking spot elevations to digging pits for soil testing.
- I collaborated with the head structural engineer on the design of a few medium sized commercial projects, all of which have been realized.
Roger Williams University, Bristol, RI, US, MArch, Architecture
B.S. Architecture / Masters Architecture Degree with a Minor in Art History
Palazzo Rucellai Semester - Florence, Italy
Dutch Urbanism Semester - Amsterdam, Netherlands