see all...Viewing 3 out of 10 projects
I am a young, vibrant, intelligent, and dedicated young architect looking to work for a forward thinking firm in my area. My work experiences thus far have shaped me into a well rounded individual, allowing real world experiences to combine with my desire and ability to learn and design. I am experienced with many useful programs, drawing and modeling techniques, as well as schools of thought. I am beyond eager to put these skills to use in my field and all fields related. Design for me permeates throughout everything.
David Scott Parker Architects, LLC, Southport, CT, US, Junior Architect
DSPA is an award-winning architectural firm that specializes in residential design and historic preservation. The firm has completed numerous projects across the United States, ranging from significant private residences to National Historic Landmarks. While working with DSPA:
• I was hired to assist several project managers in their Construction Administration phases due to my construction and management background and experiences.
• I have been working with mechanical integration, framing plans, lighting layouts, flooring plans, reflected ceiling plans as well as handling contractor inquiries and RFI’s.
• I have created and edited project specifications and schedules to clarify design intent and expectations.
• I am currently involved in Construction Administration phase for a 7,500 s.f. home in San Diego, a private condominium renovation in Miami Beach, and an apartment remodel in Manhattan.
Faros Design. Build. Remodel. LLC, Stratford, CT, US, Architectural Designer & Project Manager
Faros is a design/build company which specializes in all phases of construction from drafting and finish work to conceptual design services. While working with FDBR:
• I was involved in the design of several kitchens, bathrooms, additions, porticos, and whole house remodels as well as partaking in their permitting and construction.
• I assisted in the design and realization of the company website, as well as organizing, describing, and posting works on the companies Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Houzz profiles.
• I was instrumental in transitioning the company from only construction and construction management to a design/build firm incorporating architectural design.
• I expanded the companies capabilities to encompass coastal construction, helping to gain a new client pool and stream of steady work.
Prime Solutions, Inc., New Milford, CT, US, Assistant Project Manager / AutoCAD Manager
I was hired at Prime Solutions to assist in their drafting department. After a few months, I became heavily involved in all aspects of the business from marketing to quality control. During my employment with PSI:
• I built a great rapport with both the management and employees, helping to create a productive work environment.
• I was involved in the design of utility electrical vaults for United Illuminating in New Haven and in Bridgeport, CT.
• I served as the company’s main correspondent to Northeast Utilities, helping to assist and meet their drafting needs.
• I was heavily involved in the design and realization of over 11 megawatts of solar energy in the state of New Jersey.
• I was able to utilize my architectural skills in the realized designs of their new office space.
Leigh Overland Architects, Danbury, CT, US, Drafting / Revit Assistant
Leigh Overland contracted me to assist with drafting and Revit modeling. While working for LOA:
• I assisted in the design, 3-D modeling, layout, and construction documents for the renovated Portuguese Cultural Center in Danbury, CT.
• I provided a schematic design for a proposed teacher’s savings bank which bested three other submissions in an open competition and was eventually built.
Competitive Resources, Inc., Wallingford, CT, US, Energy Technician
Competitive Resources is an energy auditing company that specializes in residential energy efficiency. They were my first employers after graduating from college. While working for CRI:
• I performed energy audits in every kind of residential housing, gaining great insights on how energy efficiency translates in the real world from insulation to lighting.
• I performed blower door testing, HVAC testing, and have actively sealed the leakages found in these areas.
• I acquired my BPI (Building Performance Institute) certification which is earned by individuals who have gone through an extensive home efficiency course, illustrating competency and knowledge about energy savings.
Kratzert-Jones & Associates, Southington, CT, US, Architectural Assistant
Kratzert-Jones Associates is a civil/structural/land surveying firm which I interned with while studying for my degree. While working for KJA:
• I was engaged in the layout and design of streets, underground utilities, site grading, and subdivisions.
• I assisted our lead surveyor with everything from tracking spot elevations to digging pits for soil testing.
• I collaborated with the head structural engineer on the design of a few medium sized commercial projects, all of which have been realized.
Roger Williams University, Bristol, RI, US, MArch, Architecture
B.S. Architecture / Masters Architecture Degree with a Minor in Art History
Palazzo Rucellai - Fall Semester - Florence, Italy
Dutch Urbanism - Summer Semester - Amsterdam, Netherlands