PlaygroundIDEAS, Melbourne, AU, Intern
PlaygroundIDEAS is a not-for-profit organization that designs and builds play spaces for the world’s most disadvantaged children. We operate with the help of international volunteers and funders, to help organizations and individuals create quality playgrounds for children all over the world.
Contributes to the organization's blog by researching and writing playground related articles
Networking to grow participation in the Global Play Alliance organization, started by Playground Ideas, made up of regional playground building (and play-focused) organizations around the world. We're bound on the commonality of creating play opportunities for children and in communities where these resources do not exist or are in short supply.
Kunming Guan Fang Architectural Design Co., Ltd., Kunming, CN, Landscape Planner
• Designed conceptual level landscape plans and graphics
• Assisted Chief Architect with design development
• Conducted research for architectural projects
• Customized firm’s presentation packaging standard
• Provided InDesign and Graphic Design training
• Assisted recruitment of international design team
National Park Service, Omaha, NE, US, Historic Landscape Architect
• Detail research, analysis and inventory for multiple databases held to national standards, including the National Register of Historic Places, the Cultural Landscape Inventory database, and the List of Classified Structures database.
• All federal agencies are mandated by Section 110 of the National Historic Preservation Act (1966) to inventory and evaluate whether structures and landscapes are eligible for listing on the National Register of Historic Places.
• This position is responsible for ensuring the cultural landscape and historic structures associated with the sites are adequately documents for the purpose of fulfilling sections 110 and 106 of the federal legislation, National Historic Preservation Act.
Yunnan Normal University, Kunming, CN, Chinese Language
One-to-One Chinese Language Lessons
Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, US, Bachelors, Landscape Architecture