I am a graduate of Temple University in Philadelphia, where I earned my degree in the five-year Bachelor of Architecture professional program. My most recent experience is working for Heck Construction Inc. as a Project Manager, Designer, and Estimator. I produce estimates for residential and commercial jobs, as well as review prints and specifications in relation to the scope of the work. I also worked as an intern for Vanguard’s Facilities Management department in Malvern, PA, helping them with space planning and design development. The summer of 2009 I worked for Heck Construction Inc. where I worked with a project manager on heading up a $1.2 million expansion of an existing church. The project was completed in about four months which involved a 10,000 s/f addition and renovations to the existing building. I gained a lot of on-site experience, leadership experience and hands-on experience that I feel is valuable to my growth as a designer. This work experience involved reading of construction documents, making important design decisions, structural techniques, detailing and finishing, as well as interaction with clients, contractors and other workers. I am currently studying to take my LEED certification exam and the AREs in the near future.
I am a motivated and proficient individual. I possess great organizational skills and the ability to multi-task. This is evident because of the way I maintained a rigorous architecture education and volleyball at Temple, as well as maintaining 2 jobs since I graduated. I have a significant amount of experience with design software such as AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Revit, Rhino, and Envisoneer.
Heck Construction Inc., Denver, PA, US, Project Manager/Designer/Estimator
• Secure estimates and prepare bids for various projects
• Evaluate and prepare construction documents
• Review prints and specifications in relation to scope of work
• Designed construction projects according to the client’s specifications
• Develop construction strategies specific to different types of projects
• Maintain job schedules and coordinate sub-contractors for various projects
• Monitor job progress, quality and safety on daily basis while meeting project deadlines
• Acquired knowledge of ADA requirements for commercial/residential usage
• Developed knowledge in the area of inspection procedures and expectations
I also worked there as a Carpenter/Assitant Project Manager during the summer of 2008 and 2009.
Jos. A Bank, Lancaster, PA, US, Salesman/Department Manager
• Customer Service
• Manage store and employees
I currently work for this retail store Part-time on weekends. I worked there Full-time from May 2011 to July 2011 when I started my new Full-time job.
The Vanguard Group, Malvern, PA, US, Facilities Management Intern
• Conducted surveys, feasibility/facility studies, and inspections of sites/buildings
• Reviewed building code, occupancy, and egress
• Worked with construction documents and shop drawings
• Participated in design development meetings and construction meetings
• Produced AutoCAD drawings and diagrams for space planning and design development
• Assisted registered architects
Balmer Bros. Concrete, Inc., Akron, PA, US, Foreman
• Successfully interacted with clients
• Trained and oversaw employees within sector
• Developed skills in concrete and the structure of poured foundations
I worked at this job during the summer when I was in High School and a few summers while in college.
Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, US, BArch, Architecture
Relevant Courses of Study:
• Materials and Methods
• Professional Practice
• Structural Design 1 & 2
• Structural Analysis
• Site Planning
• Landscape Architecture
• Environmental and Mechanical Systems
• Architectural Studio
• Architectural Thesis
Ephrata High School, Ephrata, PA, US, High School, Secondary Education