Foreign Architect currently pursuin the Architectural license in the State of California. NCARB record holder, AAIA, LEED AP.
I'm currently taking the ARE divisions. So far i have passed 3 out of the 8 exams required to otain a license in California.
I work at The Dennis Group, LLC, a company that is dedicated to the engineering and construction of mainly industrial and commercial projects in the food industry. Kroger, Starbucks, Niagara bottling, Samuel Adams, Alta Dena and Tom Ford are the most recent clients i have worked on.
The Dennis Group, LLC, Solana Beach, CA, US, Project Designer
Programming, design and construction of industrial and commercial
projects across the nation ranging from $50,000 to $200 million.
• Exceled as a Project Manager in commercial and high‐end retail projects
of over 5,000 sq. ft. and industrial projects of over 800,000 sq. ft.;
preparing and tracking project reports, and overseeing project progress.
• Reduced engineering and construction time, increased selection of design
elements proposed in several buildings and produced capital cost savings
as a result of a better communication with decision makers.
• Application of sustainable design practices in both commercial and
industrial projects, bringing innovation and energy savings both through
building and process elements.
• Advanced my skills in areas like civil engineering, structural design, and
mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems that took the design of
architectural elements beyond the client expectations.
• Coordinate the interaction between various disciplines involved in the
Hare Associates, San Diego, CA, US, Project Designer
Experience in the areas of landscape design, civil works, plumbing
systems, urban and hardscape design through participation in residential,
commercial and institutional projects in California.
• Functioned as a Project Manager, taking ownership in the projects I
directed and requiring little to no supervision.
• Implemented extensive research of new materials, systems and design
techniques that accounted for innovation in numerous high‐end
residential and commercial projects.
Designscape, San Diego, CA, US, CAD Manager / Design Manager
• Established my skills as a Project Manager giving guidance to approx.
1100 Custom high end Residential design projects that involved site
surveying, design of exterior architectural elements, irrigation systems and
• Enhanced my supervision expertise by monitoring multidisciplinary teams
in offices located in Philippines, Brazil, Venezuela and Mexico, during the
S.D., D.D. and C.D. of 1100 residential projects.
• Surpassed company’s schedule and budgetary goals over 15 consecutive
weeks as a result of applying innovative coordination methods.
• Exceeded client expectation by applying the ‘Do it right the first time’
approach, reducing engineering efforts, and thus, delivery time by 10%.
Urbi, vida Residencial, Tijuana, MX, Project Architect. Job Captain
• Applied new systems and ideas to house additions, custom residential and
• Outsourced and directed several residential and urban design projects
from programming and schematic design to construction administration.
GIG Desarrolladores Inmobiliarios, Tijuana, MX, Project Architect. Customer service Manager
• Organized and directed the development of a P.U.D. located in Baja
California, Mexico; which entailed exhaustive coordination between the
company and the Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
• Outlined new design methods that help reduce cycle time required by
mortgage companies for project reviews.
• Expedited the delivery method to the end users by applying scheduling
criteria, thus helping our branch office achieving the first place in profits
nationwide for 3 consecutive reporting periods.
• Managed the Home Warranty Program, elevating the client’s satisfaction
and projecting savings of over $50.000 a month in resources.
Innovacion Estructural, Tijuana, MX, Construction Manager
• Expanded my experience as a Construction Manager, successfully
coordinating and selecting bid packages and P.Os, keeping control of the
construction schedule and material handling.
• Acquired new knowledge in Structural design, particularly in steel
• Developed an enhanced attention to detail through the creation of
Universida de Guayana UNEG, Upata, VE, Professor
• Strengthened students’ knowledge in CAD and interior design.
• Participated in extracurricular activities through research.
INTEPLAN Consult, Caracas, VE, Project Architect
• Implemented strategic design tools in architectural and urban projects.
• Increased the design quality in projects of high complexity such as The
British Embassy in Venezuela, and the Vargas State zoning plan.
• Established urban design tools in projects requiring extensive planning.
PDVSA, San Tomé, VE, Architectural Intern. Project Analyst.
• Designed an entire P.U.D. in El Tigre, Venezuela, applying sustainable and
passive solar design with the pedestrian as the main character.
• Successfully integrated an existing oil camp into the community through
the creation of this P.U.D.
Southwestern College, Chula Vista, CA, US, ROP Classes
- Plant identification.
Universidad de los Andes, Venezuela, Mérida, VE, BArch, Architecture
Degree: BACHELOR’S IN ARCHITECTURE
Honors: CUM LAUDE. 1st Place in Class promotion.
Publication of Thesis by the University of Los Andes
Library:“Principios de bioclimatica en climas tropicales”(Principles
of passive solar design in tropical climates)
Best Architectural Design. Best Urban Design. First Exposition of Architectural Thesis at Universidad de Los Andes, 1st Place
The Showing compiled all the thesis presenters for the year 2002 at the university convention center. A panel of 5 judges chose from aprroximately 40 students and selected the first, second and third place recipients on 5 different categories: Best Urban design, Best Architectural Design, Best Interior Design, Most Innovative Design and Best Presentation Skills.
Publication of Thesis: Principios de bioclimatica en climas tropicales (Principles of passive solar design in tropical latitudes), Honorable Mention
Every year, the School of Architecture chooses the 3 best thesis from graduating students and award them with the publication of the book at the school library.
Class of 2002 School of Architecture, 1st Place
First place at the School of Architecture of Universidad de Los Andes, Class of 2002
Graduated with Honors: Cum Laude, Honorable Mention
The criteria for graduating with Honors is to have an equivalent GPA of 3.5 or more.
3.5 to 3.7: Cumlaude
3.7 to 3.8 Magna Cumlaude
3.8 to 4.0 Suma Cumlaude