SZ Drafting and Consulting Services LLC, Las Vegas, NV, US, President
- Preparation of construction documents for architects and contractors.
- Superintendant for renovation of nursing / rehabilitation center. Brought project in under budget and 2 weeks early.
- Negotiated contracts with subs through bid process and selection.
- Project Manager / Owners Rep. for BBVA Compass Bank ground-up and renovation projects in Colorado and California.
- Have worked as Project Manager on all aspects of a project – Architectural side, Construction side and Owner side.
Scott L. Baker, Architect Inc., Las Vegas, NV, US, Vice President
- Was in charge of Production, Marketing, Project Management and HR.
- Helped grow company from a 2 person, $150,000 /yr to a 15 employee, $3 million /yr company with virtually no budget. This was as large as the majority owner of the company wanted to get.
- Managed projects of all different sizes, from a small 1,500 square foot tenant improvement to a 40 acre master planned industrial park.
- Experience on variety of project types: single family homes, multi-family (low and mid rise), tenant improvements, office buildings, schools, churches, medical facilities, retail centers, Public / non-profit projects, government and industrial parks.
- Wrote specifications for the projects in the office.
- Provided Planning and Zoning client representation at council meetings for approval and took projects through to building permits and construction.
JMA Architecture Studios, Las Vegas, NV, US, Project Manager
- Moved from Job Captain to Project Manager in first year.
- Experience on different project types: Multi-family, tenant improvements, office buildings, schools, churches, medical facilities, retail centers, government and Industrial parks.
- Produced documents for approximately 60 projects in 4years with company.
- Majority of projects where already behind schedule and over budget when put on my desk and 90% where brought back on schedule and within budget.
DMJM Architects & Engineers, Honolulu, HI, US, Job Captain
- Worked on projects from 40 story condos, mixed use high rise projects, Hawaii State Prison, Sam’s Club, High rise office buildings, US Coast Guard Facilities and LDS Temples.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the office library. Doing this I gained knowledge from meeting with product reps and became one of the top detailers in the office.
- Moved from Draftsman to Job Captain in 2 years and only 2 years out of college.
- Experience on all Construction Types, type V-B to type I-A.
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI, US, Bachelors, Architecture
I took classes in architectural design, interior design, architectural detailing, architectural law, and economics