MBA candidate, project manager and architect with extensive experience in consulting with clients, showing them alternative solutions and helping them understand and achieve their goals. I am client-focused, deft at identifying and solving problems, experienced in leading multi-disciplinary teams, and dedicated to quality results. Seeking to use my problem-solving and management skills in a project management position.
Flad Architects, Atlanta, GA, US, Project Manager
• Opened branch office of an existing firm. Recruited, interviewed and recommended staff to establish office.
• Designed and managed construction of new office space to set image of new branch. Coordinated contractor’s schedule with owner-furnished material & furniture deliveries, installation and move-in.
• Programmed, planned and designed $5 million satellite cafeteria and support facility for hospital.
• Marketed company, researched potential clients, designed marketing presentations, presented firm and its qualifications in interviews.
HKS Inc, Atlanta, GA, US, Project Manager/Associate
• Formulated vision for and design and implementation of site and landscape master plan for 80-acre hospital campus. Created image to compliment new architectural campus standards. Developed master plan with multiple alternatives to achieve long-term campus growth without requiring purchase of additional property.
• Design and construction observation of $8 million medical office building. Established design standards and architectural aesthetic to be used for new satellite hospital campus. Completed DD & CD phases in 13 weeks; achieved client budget of $82/square foot.
• Prepared multiple alternative conceptual designs for $17 million freestanding cancer center in forty-eight hours.
CUH2A, Atlanta, GA, US, Project Manager
• Led joint-venture design team of three different companies on $34 million, 75,000 square foot design/build renovation of research laboratories and animal vivariums. Achieved certification of renovated BSL-2, BSL-3 and BSL-3Ag labs and animal holding rooms which had previously been deemed unfit for use. Resolved competing expectations of users, client and design/build partners.
• Directed $18 million renovation of 80,000 square foot vivarium and labs, which required complete demolition and replacement of all architectural, mechanical and electrical systems. Planned construction access and staging for project completely surrounded by parking structure. Created construction phasing strategy which allowed continuous operation of rodent breeding program during renovation.
S/L/A/M Collaborative, Atlanta, GA, US, Project Manager/Associate
• Led project team of eleven consulting firms located in six cities in the US and Mexico in design and construction observation of $54 million, 311,000 square foot replacement pediatric orthopedic hospital. Project includes 80 inpatient beds, 4 critical-care beds, surgery, imaging, rehabilitation, physical therapy and an outpatient clinic. Resolved differing design and planning expectations of US-based client and Mexican users. Coached consultants in how to meet all US codes, standards and regulations with local construction practices.
• Represented interests of State of Georgia on design/build forensics laboratory. Oversaw design-build contractor, and ensured desired quality and standards were achieved within project schedule and budget.
Brookwood Group, Atlanta, GA, US, Program Manager and Architect
• Facilitated extensive public outreach process for $105 million traffic and streetscape improvement project for Buckhead. Presented project to the City of Atlanta, MARTA, Georgia DOT, property owners and neighborhood groups
Perkins+Will, Atlanta, GA, US, Project Manager
• Built long-term working relationship with all major departments of a 493-bed urban teaching hospital. Designed and oversaw construction for over 35 separate projects totaling over $60 million in construction cost during a five-year period. Projects included surgery suites, labor and delivery, outpatient clinics, materials management and parking structures. Provided guidance for resolving competing priorities for space and construction budgets. Winner of two ACI Florida First Coast Chapter “Significant Concrete Structure” Awards. (1993 and 1994)
• Provided programming, benchmarking, and management of design and construction for multiple projects totaling over $20 million for a rapidly-growing suburban Atlanta hospital system. Coordinated extensive change management during design and construction to accommodate changing client requirements. Initial expansion project led to master planning and renovation projects for the entire hospital campus and preliminary planning for a satellite campus for the same client.
• Analyzed and tabulated life safety deficiencies at an older hospital building to satisfy state regulatory agency concerns. Devised strategy to address those concerns, and developed master facility plan and space utilization study of major diagnostic departments. Convinced state agency to accept hospital’s plan to remediate all deficiencies over a five-year period.
• Designed $3.9 million cancer center addition. Citation—Modern Healthcare Design awards (1997)
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, US, Masters, College of Management
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, US, MArch, College of Architecture
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, US, College of Architecture