MERILYN HU 13402 Portal
Tustin, CA 92782, USA
+1 714-728 3416
Master of Architecture, Anticipated graduation 2015
Southern California Institute of Architecture
Los Angeles, CA
Bachelor Architectural Studies, 2012
The University of Auckland
Auckland, New Zealand
• Proficient in AutoCAD, Rhino, Maya, Sketch-Up Pro, 3DS Studio Max, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and
Microsoft Office, 3D printing softwares.
• Knows Ecotech, Revit, Grasshopper.
• Able to use 3D print machine / tools and laser cutting machine.
• Well skilled in hand-drafting sketching.
• Good craftsmanship in physical model – making, woodwork, crafting, laser cutting.
• Fluent in English and Mandarin.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• An easy and outgoing personality
• A team player mentality
• Abilities of researching
• Good time management
• Able to work under high pressure environment
• Multi-lingual capability. Excellent command over English, and Mandarin. Fluent in Cantonese.
SCI-Arc 2013-2014 Scholarship Recipient
Skyrise City Competition 2010 Participation
Cambridge International Examination A Level (Art & Design) Second in the world 96%
Architectural Intern May 2013 –Aug 2013
Assist lead architects in construction drawings, digital and physical modeling. Participate in architectural design
process and develop alternative solutions and presentation graphics used to communicate concepts to the clients.
Fontal Electrical Ltd (China)
Graphic Designer Aug 2008 - Present
Responsible for the company’s graphic design.
Kathmandu (Queen St, Auckland)
Sales Assistant May 2011 - Oct 2011
Part-time work during university and full-time during school holidays.
• Advising customers
• Selling goods
• Auditing stock levels Page 2
Express Printing (Bucklands Beach, Auckland)
Graphic Designer Jan 2011 – July 2011
Responsible for various design projects ranging from logo design, business card, flyer, poster banners and other
University of Auckland – Department of Architecture
Teacher’s Assistant Jun 2010 – Nov 2010
Responsible for various tasks professor requested, such as help in grading, attendance, collection of works and
preparation for lectures.
Reference letter can be provided upon request.
Director – Zephyr Architects
Tel: +86 10 621 19676
Studio Instructor – Southern California Institute of Architecture
Zephyr Architects, Beijing, Architectural Intern
Assist lead architects in construction drawings, digital and physical modeling. Participate in architectural design process and develop alternative solutions and presentation graphics used to communicate concepts to the clients.
Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc), Los Angeles, CA, US, MArch, Master of Architecture
The University of Auckland, New Zealand, Bachelors, Bachelor of Architectural Studies
Cambridge International Examination Advanced Level: Art & Design, 2nd Place
Cambridge International Examination Advanced Subsidiary Level: Art & Design, 2nd Place