Recently graduated Master of Architecture degree holder from Parson the New School for Design.
In my academic and volunteer work I seek to participate in projects that focus on using the built environment for the betterment of the communities it serves. I am looking for full-time work opportunities within the field of architecture at an organization that shares these values.
Matter Architecture Practice, Brooklyn, NY, US, Project Architect/Fabricator
Parsons The New School for Design, New York, NY, US, Design Workshop Volunteer
- Volunteering with the Design Workshop at Parsons New School for Design on the completion of the second phase of construction for Splash House.
Empowerhouse Collaborative 2011 Solar Decathlon Team, New York, NY, US, Solar Decathlon Team Member
- Competed in an international design competition to design and construct a 1000 sq. ft. single-family home that utilized solar technologies, Passive House strategies, and sustainable practices.
- Led team responsible for production of construction document set and as built set for submission to the Department of Energy.
- Represented team in the Affordability Juried Competition by preparing presentation and documentation, meeting with competition jurors, and speaking to the media and public about the project’s cost strategy.
- Placed first in Affordability Juried Competition and top ten in Architecture and Lighting Juried Competition.
- Partnered with Habitat for Humanity of Washington D.C. to design additional story for competition home and adjacent house, for two families in the Deanwood neighborhood of Washington DC.
Parsons The New School for Design, New York, NY, US, Laser Cutter Shop Technician
- Assisted students with design strategies and problem-solving for effective use of laser cutting machines.
- Oversaw all laser cutter safety and activity of students.
- Provided general machine maintenance.
Parsons The New School for Design, New York, NY, US, Water Week Committee Member
- Selected by Parsons senior faculty member to serve on committee that organized a series of events about the current environmental and political issues pertaining to the New York Watershed.
- Organized event logistics for public forums.
- Managed petra kucha style presentation for over twenty speakers representing the design, policy, and science fields.
Architecture for Humanity New York City Chapter, New York, NY, US, Project Volunteer
- Worked on a team of design professionals to restructure the programmatic space for client, East Harlem Tutorial Program.
- Participated in community charrette and conducted a site survey to evaluate the program’s needs.
- Aided in the design process and managed the digital representation of team’s proposal.
Coalition for Appropriate Transportation, Bethlehem, PA, US, Volunteer
- Volunteered for organization working to promote access to public and alternative transportation in urban environments.
- Performed standard office duties including answering phones, filing, and general organization.
Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA, US, Integrated Product Design Fabricator
- Provided fabrication services for a student team in the Integrated Product Design Program.
- Aided in design development and fabrication solutions of a classroom desk.
South Side Initiative, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA, US, Project Assistant
- Developed and constructed large scale model of South Side Bethlehem through field research and context investigation.
- Presented model to South Side Initiative committee for development ideas.
Green Partnership, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA, Project Leader
- Collaborated with Bethlehem city officials and Habitat for Humanity to design and build residence.
- Researched and utilized green-building techniques in the design process.
Parsons The New School for Design, New York, NY, US, MArch, Master of Architecture
Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA, US, Bachelors, Architecture