I was born in England, where she lived for four years before her parents decided to move to New York. Her mother Annie was a registered nurse working in Manhattan, while her father Errol was a chef working at the Four Seasons in Upper East Side. After living in New York for seven years, her parents preferred warmer weather, so they decided to relocate to Beverly Hills.
During my more formative in years, I studied classical piano and competed in piano competitions since the age of 4. I was accepted to the Berklee College of Music, but after her mother’s passing, she decided to leave the classical world of piano and pursue a career in entertainment. I have received her BA in Communications with a minor in advertising at California State University Dominguez Hills (CSUDH). While putting myself through college, I was working full-time at J. Walter Thompson, one of the top advertising agencies in the country, in their Talent Negotiations and Acquisitions department under the Senior Vice President, Farlan Myers.
Three years later, I switched sides to work at some notable talent agencies. Her last position held was as the Business Affairs Manager at Special Artists Agency, a commercial talent agency. After spending about ten years in the industry, I was longing to find something more creatively fulfilling and was determined to pursue a new career in interior design. I completed my AA in Interior Design degree at Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM) on September 2011. I currently hold the position as Sales/Interior Designer at HD Buttercup.
HD BUTTERCUP, Los Angeles, Sales/Interior Designer
• Generating and qualifying leads
• Sourcing and developing client referrals
• Developing and maintaining customer database
• Developing and maintaining sales and promotional materials
• Making sales calls to new and existing clients
• Developing and making presentations of company products and services to new and existing clients
• Negotiating with clients
• Responding to sales inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person
• Ensuring customer service satisfaction and good client relationships
• Following up on sales activity
• Performing quality checks on product and service delivery
• Monitoring and reporting on sales activities and follow up for management
Timothy Corrigan, Inc., Los Angeles, Intern
• Ordered and selected fabric and furniture samples
• Communicated with vendors
• General office management skills: vendor follow-ups, customer service, scheduling, organizing.
• Assisted in the preparation of presentation boards
• Created and managed Lampshade and Pillow Schedules
• Traveled to the PDC and other vendors to select materials and pick up items for the designers
• Researched furniture and lighting options
• Assisted in Installations
• Maintained materials library
Brownstone Upholstery, Los Angeles, CA, US, Project Manager
• Monitored works on site and maintaining close rapport with clients
• Coordinated project materials and research
• Generated schedules and reports managing minutes from meetings
• Updated project information and scheduling
• Oversaw and managed furniture manufacturing from inception to completion
• File keeper of all confidential, legal, business and personal documentations
• Analyzed and resolving work problems
Ralph Gentile Architects, Los Angeles, CA, US, Office Manager
• Prepared client invoices and managing Studio Bookkeeping
• Assisted designers as time/ability/allows: Photoshop layouts, presentation boards, ID Specs, etc.
• Special projects as required
Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FIDM), Los Angeles, CA, US, Interior Design
California State University Dominguez Hills, Carson, CA, US, Bachelors, Mass Communications