Walt Disney Imagineering, Los Angeles, CA, US, Tech Intern-- Research and Development
--Wrote internal web and data visualization applications used within the company.
--Developed interactive visualization software that was eventually used in initial mock-ups for Fantasyland’s Seven Dwarves Mine Train in Orlando.
--Prototyped software designed to illustrate budget and labor distributions across projects and project teams by pulling payroll data from finance records.
Center for Creative Computing, Dallas, TX, US, Undergraduate Research Fellow
• Built a 3D laser scanner utilizing original software programmed in Arduino and Processing.
• Designed visualizations of mathematical and biological models using Java/Processing. Awarded honors distinction by the University Honors Program.
Breakthrough Collaborative, AmeriCorps, Austin, TX, US, Teacher
• Worked as a full-time Biology teacher to high-potential, at-risk ninth-graders. Wrote curriculum and lesson plans to teach eleven classes a week.
• Served on the Faculty Support Committee.
• A Princeton Review Top-10 Internship.
Meadows Museum of Spanish Art, Dallas, TX, US, Docent
• Conducted workshops and tours to engage guests with the museum collections.
• Chosen by the Meadows Museum to present a public lecture on independent research titled
“Sculpture on the Plaza and the Unintended Effects of Place”, as a part of the Spring Lecture Series.
• Presented a lecture on Anthonis Mor’s Portrait of Alessandro Farnese to museum faculty.
Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX, US, Bachelors, Meadows School of the Arts, Lyle School of Engineering
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Studio Art with studies in Sculpture, with Honors
Bachelor of Arts, Creative Computation, Computer Science minor, with Honors
Cumulative GPA: 3.96
Graduation: May 2013
Big iDeas Award, Grant
The highest service-learning grant award at SMU.
Award for Excellence in the Art Division, Meadows School of the Arts, SMU, Award
Award for Scholastic Achievement and Community Service, SMU, Award
National Merit Scholar, Scholarship
Nationally distinguished for scoring in the top 1% on the PSAT.
University Honors Program, Other
Invited to take honors coursework in the Liberal Arts.
SMU President’s Scholar, Scholarship
Awarded a four-year, full-tuition, merit-based scholarship.