Persistent, ambitious, and results-focused individual with experience in residential, mixed use, hotel and retail design, from pre-design to contract documents and permitting; Including all aspects of design development, quality control, and construction documentation. Expertise in Architecture Design and planning facilities with a focus on Sustainable management. Exceptional technical skills and attention to detail will ensure that the production of construction documents is to an accurate completion. Always striving to learn and grow, which permits me to best develop and produce methods and design solutions to make systems and buildings more efficient by utilizing my communicational, technical, and design skills in the field of Sustainable Architecture.
Dorox International, Parsippany, NJ, US, Architect-Interior Designer
• Create unique architectural designs and interiors according to project specifications.
• Create 3-D renderings, designs, and perspectives using different architecture software depending on the project, such as walk through animations, sketches, 3D exterior and interior views.
• Assist in the selection of materials, colors, and interior details for retail and residential spaces.
• Development of the final presentations, utilizing combined AutoCAD, Photoshop, 3D Software, and hand coloring.
• Applied Sustainable design principles on various ventures, as well as ergonomic studies and application of color and light, which significantly increased production and energy savings.
• Developed project scopes, budgets, timelines, and delivery dates for each assignment.
Alex Construction Company, Architect
• Utilized computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans, such as; 3Ds Max, AutoCAD, Revit Architecture, and Adobe Photoshop.
• Developed drawing in 2D to create sketches, artwork and illustrations; designed models, backgrounds, sets, characters, objects and the animation environment.
• Completed tasks professionally, on time, and assists the company in ensuring successful completion of projects, goals and objectives.
• Planned layout of projects and integrated engineering elements into unified designs for clients' review and approval..
• Consulted with clients to determine functional and spatial requirements of new structure or renovation.
• Designed and produced drawings for Residential Houses and Public Buildings, as well as developed finished drawings from general conceptual information and design notes to final working drawings.
• Prepared information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs and construction time.
• Managed the design coordination process using Revit in various projects – implementing speed and more accurate design standards, and decreasing the number of conflicts during construction phase.
• Prepared scale drawings and contract documents for building contractors, as well as represented and assisted clients in obtaining bids and awarding construction contracts.
• Researched, planned and designed building projects, applying knowledge of design, construction procedures, zoning, building codes and building materials.
• Administered construction contracts and conducted periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with plans.
Alexandria University, Assistant Lecturer
• Trained and managed groups of undergraduate students in Architecture Executive and Working Drawings, and achieved significant improvements in their productivity.
• Educated students in different aspects of design and construction principles such as construction systems which included steel, shell, textile, concrete, bearing walls construction standards. As well as introduced and edified students in modern and ancient style architecture, including the Greek classical order.
• Developed and managed Architecture drawing and sketching workshops, as well as scheduled and co-ordinate the classes.
• Organized and designated as the voice of the university at the ISO Quality of Egyptian Universities conference. Selected as the lead organizer and speaker at the Role of Engineering towards a Better Environment “RETBE” and Youth Reshaping the Future conferences.
• Facilitated student learning and conducted research in the area of Sustainable Architecture Design.
• Provided written reports to the school board on the progress of the class at the end of each calendar month.
The American University in Cairo, Architecture Software Instructor
• Trained students the process of design and execution within the BIM and 3D software by educating students the four phases of design; drawing basics for 2D and 3D geometry shapes, assigning materials to objects, lighting and rendering, and animations.
• Educated students in BIM software (i.e. Revit Architecture) on how to prepare working drawings (executive and workshop).
• Instructed students on how to develop layout sheets, modify drawing scales, calculate the cost of each element utilized in a project, calculate total project construction costs, and develop product qualifications description sheets of all finishing materials.
• Devised lessons, which captured the student’s imaginations in the field of architectural design software by educating individuals in generating scenes from prominent buildings, bridges, streets.
• Coordinated presentations and demonstrations as part of the teaching curriculum.
• Instructed students on the development of construction documents and submittals utilizing Revit and 3Ds Max.
• Educated students in the aspects associated with project managements; quality standards, timelines and budget requirements.
• Developed and implemented 3D beginner projects to introduce students into the 3D design process and excelled to complex 3D projects.
• Prepared 3D buildings and interior spaces assignments, as well as reviewed and corrected all homework, with an emphasis on providing feedback to each student.
Alexandria University, MArch, Master of Science in Sustainable Architecture
Alexandria University, BArch, Bachelor of Science in Architectural Engineering & Urban Planning
Velux Award 2006, Honorable Mention