Hayley Wong is currently pursuing architecture licensure in California and is an Associate member of AIA. She received her B.A. in Architecture from Berkeley in 2009 and her MArch I from the University of Pennsylvania in 2013. In 2009 she became a LEED Accredited Professional. While at the University of Pennsylvania, she won the Faculty Prize in 2013 and the E. Lewis Dales Traveling Fellowship in 2012.
Gensler, Los Angeles, CA, US, Architectural Designer
Lifestyle 5 - Mixed Use and Retail Centers
AE7QA, San Francisco, CA, US, Junior Architect
- Worked in all design phases of hospitality, residential, retail, entertainment, corporate and mixed-use projects in San Francisco and Dubai.
- Designed, detailed and produced graphically clear presentations and design drawings through Revit, 3d modeling, (Rhino, Sketchup, Maya, Grasshopper) 2d drawings and Adobe Suite.
- Attended meetings and coordinated with clients, landscape architects, mechanical, structural and electrical engineers to successfully address all building needs and considerations.
Gensler, Los Angeles, CA, US, Architectural Design Intern
- Assisted with the programming and schematic design of a mixed-use shopping destination in Calgary, Canada through physical modeling, 3d modeling, and 2d drawing.
- Designed a cohesive, visually communicative presentation that proposed numerous conceptual schemes for clients.
- Researched materials, contacted material suppliers and composed material boards for 2 mixed-use complexes in Atlanta, GA and River Oaks, TX.
- Created innovative design concepts through 3d modeling and 2d drawings for a new student center at Arizona State University.
Project-Space, New York, NY, US, Architectural Design Intern
- Worked in design development and construction phase of high end residential projects.
- Created detailed 3d renderings with SketchUp, Kerkythea and Photoshop.
- Researched and selected materials, hardware and architectural fixtures.
- Used Autocad to draw wide range of door, ceiling, wall and floor construction details.
- Communicated effectively and efficiently with contractor.
- Compiled and arranged clear, concise presentations for clients and press.
Ken Kurose Architect, Pasadena, CA, US, Architectural Design Associate
- Worked closely and communicated effectively with team members to successfully design affordable housing projects.
- Actively used Autocad, Illustrator, Photoshop and Rhinoceros to clearly present design concepts and to develop design and construction drawings and details.
- Wrote specifications and worked with building department.
- Analyzed, reviewed and scored designs of potential residential projects for LA County.
MacLeod Design, Berkeley, CA, US, Architectural Design Intern
- Assisted with schematic design and construction of residential architecture.
- Researched and implemented sustainable design technology.
- Worked with building permit and code process.
- Created construction documents, conceptual 3d models and visited construction sites.
SWA Architects, Pasadena, CA, US, Architectural Design Intern
- Created communicative and graphically strong PowerPoint presentations with AutoCad, Sketchup, Illustrator and Photoshop for client interviews and submittals.
- Assisted in schematic design phase of healthcare facilities with team members by designing in plan, in section and with 3-d models.
- Wrote specification documents.
- Worked with California and Arizona building and ADA codes.
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, US, MArch, Master of Architecture I
University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA, US, Bachelors, Architecture
Faculty Prize, University of Pennsylvania, Award
E. Lewis Dales Traveling Fellowship, Award
Awarded each year for travel abroad in the summer before the final year of MArch study. Students are selected for the Fellowship through a portfolio competition.