see all...Viewing 3 out of 14 projects
DANIEL J. PAWLING
120 Lilly Road, Honey Brook, PA 19344
(610) 324-5626 • firstname.lastname@example.org
A professional designer and architect with comprehensive residential and commercial construction expertise. Extensive and deep knowledge about design and construction and is able to provide a client with many viable options to reach a single goal. Ability to bring value to a project by ensuring that the finial design is beautiful as well as functional. Able to blend Highly-developed project management skills with the ability to take projects seamlessly from vision through to delivery. Enjoys the challenges of heading projects from start to end including construction drawings, space planning, contractor interaction, material color selection and client interactions. Experienced with interior, residential, commercial projects; familiar with construction code and document preparations. Demonstrated ability of delivering projects within strict time limit and budget constraints.
• Demonstrates the ability to execute strategies and problem-solve with a positive attitude.
• Create spaces with meaning and power, and spaces that people can relate to on a personal level.
• Seen as a capable and analytical professional with strong leadership, visionary, and negotiation skills.
• Understanding a client’s needs and goal, to help prioritize elements within a project to achieve unexpected results.
• Worked with clients in brining out their requirements into implementable home designs
• Responsible for the development of construction documents, schematic designs and the presentation of the projects
• Knowledge of state and local code requirements, knowledge of AIA contracts, along with other legal requirement for owners or clients.
• Development of conceptual estimates, detailed estimates , procurement and scheduling
Design Development • Conceptual Design • Schematic Design • Construction Documentation • Area Planning • CAD Drawing
Compliance • Documentation • Client Relations • Budgets • Contract Negotiation
Contractor Relationship Management • Site Supervision
Bancroft Homes, Inc.: 2005 - Present, Wilmington, DE
Managed interior and exterior residential & light commercial construction projects from $200K - $2M+, handling design development, schematics designs, construction documentation, compliance, and client and vendor communications.
• Carefully integrate all the elements of a building, structure and services within the quality of movement and natural light throughout, and the relationship of the building to the streetscape.
Kenny Construction: 2008 – Part Time Consultant, West Chester, PA
Provided deliverables on design needs for custom housing, multi-family homes, and affordable housing projects. Responsible for providing architectural designs, space planning for private, commercial sector clients. Design architectural renderings and develop sectional and 3D views.
• Provided a wide array of distinct designs, resulting in a high level of awarded contracts and satisfied clients.
Daniel J. Pawling • Page 2 • email@example.com
Moser Builders Inc.: 2003 – 2005, Berwyn, PA
Designer / Estimator
Assessed project parameters to set budgets, coordinating with team to estimate, design, and schedule new construction projects. Utilized design software to provide architectural drawings. Served as head of purchasing and estimates departments, ensuring compliance, and approval processes
Philadelphia District Council of Carpenters: 1997 – 2003, Philadelphia, PA
Superintendent / Foreman
Managed team of construction employees and subcontractors to ensure project completion for commercial projects from 1500 sq. ft to 10K sq. feet.
Architect Internship – Abby Victor Architects, PA
• Supported lead architect in all facets of project completion, including: presentation drawings, contract documents, base sheet creation, and design development.
Designer/Project Manager – Cochran Builders / Developers, Glenmore, PA
• Created client-directed designs for new build and historical renovation projects while managing all aspects of project to completion.
Designer/Construction Project Management – White Horse Builders / Developer, Downingtown, PA
• Handled estimates, subcontractor management, client communications, and design of residential structures and building additions.
Bachelor of Architecture
Drexel University, PA
Associate Degree – Construction Management
PA College of Technology (Penn State), PA
MS Office • 2012 AutoCAD • 2012 Revit Architecture • Chief Architect X2
Architectural Registration Examination (ARE 4) Testing in Progress
LEED Green Associate Testing in Progress
Bancroft Homes Inc, 44 Bancroft Mills, Designer / Estimator
Design & budget for custom homes, comunities, light comercial and renovations
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, US, BArch, Architecture