see all...Viewing 3 out of 17 projects
Trained as an architect, David received his Masters from UCLA (June 2011) and his Bachelors from SUNY Buffalo (May 2008). Currently living in Venice Beach, he is a freelance designer working out of his studio on the Venice Canals. His love for design has drawn him to a wide range of investigations, from architecture and custom interiors to furniture and product design. Proficient in 2D Drafting / 3D modeling / Rendering and Digital fabrication, he is able to visualize projects from concept through production. Contact for Freelance or Hire.
Rowan Design, Venice, CA, US, Owner / Designer / Fabricator
Collaborating with Architects, Interior / Product Designers, Inventors, Craftsman, and Entrepreneurs.
Specializing in Design:
2D Drafting, 3D modeling, Rendering, Prototyping, Digital Fabrication, Graphic Design, Installation, manufacturing support
Mark Mack- Mark Mack Architects
Ames Ingham- Interior Designer
John Umbanhower- Huum Architects
Bruce Brown- Contractor- Brown Osvaldsson Inc
Dotan Saguy- Entrepreneur
Shelby Wood- Interior Designer
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, CA, US, Wood / Fabrication Shop Tech
- Training and supervising incoming students.
- Cleaning / maintaining / operating machines.
- Laser Cutter / 3D printers / CNC mill / vacuum former / Traditional Wood working tools.
- setting up mill paths, 3d prints and aiding in student designs and fabrication techniques.
Ilan Dei Studio, Venice, CA, US, Designer / Fabricator Intern
Working on a range of projects from design through production:
- Experimenting with digital fabrication techniques
- Parametric design of mobile store front [ Rhino / Grasshopper]
- Modeling / Prototyping wood eyewear in [ Rhino / Rhinocam/ 3 Axis CNC mill / 3D printing]
- Modeling / prototyping "Lemonade Lamp" [Rhino / Rhinocam / CNC mill / Vacuum Form]
Eva Jensen Design LLC, New York, NY, US, Architecture intern
Working on a High End Apartment renovation in Manhattan's Upper East Side. Merging five smaller apartments into Large 5 bed Apartment. 5th Ave + 82 st.
- Site Documentation and drafting As-Builts [AutoCad]
- Schematic design [Autocad / Rhino / Flamingo]
- Plans / Elevations / CD's [Autocad}
- Historical Permitting
Merril Hammond (private contractor), Princeton, NJ, US, Craftsman
Working under private contractor, Merril Hammond, I aided in design and build of both remodels and ground up residential construction.
[ Foundation / Framing / Roofing / Flooring / Finish Details / Custom Built-ins / Decks]
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), Los Angeles, CA, US, MArch, Architecture
Greg Lynn, Craig Hodgetts, Michael Ra, Sou Fujimoto, Kivi Sotamaa, Heather Roberge, Mark Mack, Roger Sherman, Olivier Touraine , Kevin Daly, Judith Mussel
University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, US, BArch, Architecture
Barcelona Studio Abroad [SUNY Buffalo], Barcelona, ES, BArch, Architecture
Best of Student Work (UCLA Fall '09), Award
Outstanding Achievement in Technology, Award