see all...Viewing 3 out of 5 projects
I am an architectural designer with a strong foundation and a passion for all innovative design. Those around me consider me a motivated individual with a desire to learn and grow personally and professionally. I posses a creative flair for problem solving along with a structured and resourceful mind set to accomplish goals.
My education has been complemented by my work experience in the architecture industry. During my five-year professional architecture degree at the University of Miami, I worked at one of my design professor’s firm. I worked on several residential, commercial and institutional projects in Miami, Florida as an intern. Upon completing my architecture degree, I decided to move to New York City to pursue a master degree in construction management. During my masters degree at New York University, I have worked for an interior design firm and a construction management firm. It has been a new and exciting experience working generally with interior design projects in New York City. My experience in the construction management industry enhanced my interpersonal and communication skills, interacting with clients and consultants on a daily basis. It has also allowed me to become a more conscious designer with a comprehensive knowledge of construction details, materials and methods.
Besides having professional work experience, I have also participated in international architectural competitions. I have worked on presentation drawings and research for competitions including an affordable housing and mixed-use development project in Singapore and a cultural center in England. I am currently working on the 2013 eVolo Skyscraper Competition that culminates in January 2013.
My technical skills include proficiency in Auto-CAD, Revit, Sketch-Up, 3DS Max Studio, Mental Ray, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and workable knowledge in BIM & Rhino. In addition, I have free-hand drawing abilities including producing watercolor and pencil renderings.
My complete portfolio can be found at: http://www.christianbarragan.net.
DBI Construction Consultants, New York, NY, US, Project Manager
• Represent Owners in construction projects as liaison with design consultants and contractors
• Coordinate construction projects from schematic design through project close-out phase
• Research and analyze development projects in Greater New York City area
BAM Studio, New York, NY, US, Architectural Intern
• 6 month internship with small interior design firm
• Chief duties to review submittals, develop construction documents and drawing details
• Collaborated hands on with a team on several design projects in New York City
Europa Stairways, Miami, FL, US, Architectural Designer
• Worked in close relation with CEO to learn business, including traveling to meet with clients across the United States.
• Conceptualize and design custom luxury staircases to fit customer's wants and budget.
• Collaborated with suppliers and contractors to manage quality control.
Oliva-Meoz Architects and Town Planners, Coral Gables, FL, US, Architectural Intern
• Worked with Auto-CAD to produce 2D and 3D drawings
• Enhanced physical model making skills (wood models)
• Review, develop and detail design concepts
New York University (NYU), New York, NY, US, Masters, Construction Management
University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL, US, BArch, Architecture