With more than 20 years of IT experience, including 15 years of managing teams and supporting clients in various industries (Law, Financial, Medical, Entertainment, Publishing and Pharmaceutical) to name a few as well as my experience as a Call Center manager for an 8,000 user environment at Perot Systems/ North Shore LIJ hospital, I believe you will agree that I have the leadership experience, successful background, and managerial foundation that you are looking for.
Career Highlights and Qualifications:
• Project manager for NSLIJ in the creation of a secondary helpdesk that was used to support supply chain roll-out. Oversaw application developers and conducted daily progress report meeting with the shareholders for this project
• Project manager and was responsible for the budgeting for the implementation of the current IVR system for the North Shore/LIJ call center
• Helped develop and managed the desktop rollout plan for North Shore/LIJ
• Helped develop the SOP manuals for the desktop support team at Pfizer
• Responsible for managing the 3 year life cycle for Winston & Strawn’s laptop and desktop lease agreement
• Project manager when Cognizant transitioned the Rodale helpdesk from Unisys to Cognizant
• Project manager for Rodale’s quarterly rollouts. My responsibilities include budgeting, scheduling and overseeing the Q&A testing for our images for each system
• Project manager for the K4 rollout at Rodale. Responsible for managing the vendors, Q&A team and the implementation and training teams for this project.
• Participated in Perot Systems 1 year leadership program
• I am currently studying for my PMP and ITIL certifications
• Implemented Iron Mountain software for Rodale
Given my track record of experience and training, I believe I will bring a high level of expertise to this position. The enclosed résumé briefly outlines my experience and accomplishments. If it appears that my qualifications meet your current needs, I would be happy to further discuss my background in a meeting with you.
Cognizant/Rodale, New York, NY, US, Desktop/Helpdesk/Project Manager
New York, New York
Responsible for managing the daily operation of 8 desktop analysts, 4 which are in New York and 4 which are in Pennsylvania as well as the 8 person 24x7 helpdesk they are responsible for the service of 1100 users. Responsible for the technical support of Rodale’s 12 person executive team this team includes the CEO the CIO and their assistants. Responsible for the technical support of Rodale’s remote offices in Detroit, Chicago, Los Angeles San Francisco and Chicago. Responsible for assuring that all escalated issues are handled in a timely manner. Responsible for the monthly reporting of key technical metrics which includes first call resolution, top 10 issues and open and closed tickets for Rodale’s monthly governance meeting. Managed relationships between company and third party vendors. Responsible for all A/V scheduling and maintenance.
• Project manager for desktop refresh that takes place every quarter in which we rollout between 150-200 leased laptops and desktops from the PC and MAC platform
• Responsible for managing the four year lifecycle of all leased PC’s and Mac’s as well as all hardware purchase orders.
• Project Manager during the helpdesk conversion that took place between Unisys and Cognizant
• Acted as lead of the desktop transition team which was tasked with creating the technical documentation which was supplied by the Rodale desktop team and is currently being used by the Cognizant desktop team
• Project manager for CS4 software rollout
Rodale, New York, NY, US, Desktop Mananger
Managed the daily operation of 4 desktop technicians and 1 LANDesk technician who are responsible for the service of 450 users. Responsible for the technical support of the Rodale 12 person executive team this team includes the CEO the CTO and their assistants. Responsible for the technical support of Rodale’s remote offices in Detroit, Chicago, San Francisco and Chicago. Responsible for working with the helpdesk to assure that all escalated issues get handled in a timely manner. Built relationships between company and third party vendors.
• Project manager for the Iron Mountain back-up rollout
• Participated in the testing of office 2007
Winston & Strawn, New York, NY, US, Desktop and training manager
Managed the daily operation of 4 Desktop technicians, 1 Hardware technician, 1 IT assistant and 2 technical trainers who are responsible for the service and training of 450 users. Responsible for updating the training curriculum based on call reports. Responsible for assuring that all 40 partners are serviced within a 15 minute SLA. Act as liaison between customers and staff to assure that all escalated issues are handled in a timely manner. Responsible for updating the user community on any major outages. Act as project manager for all projects that involved the desktop team. Responsible for handling all A/V requests for the attorney’s in the NY office
• Worked as part of a team that put together a collage like training program for the Winston & Strawn secretarial staff
• Acted as Project manager to assure that all Winston & Strawn user were upgraded to office 2003
• Organized a training program for the desktop technicians that will give them the ability to work as back-ups to the engineering team
• Responsible for managing the three year lifecycle of all of the firms leased desktop equipment
EMC/Pfizer, New York, NY, US, Desktop Manager
Managed the daily operation of 7 desktop technicians who are responsible for the service of 1,500 desktop systems. Responsible for compliance with contractual obligations of service level agreements for the desktop team. Responsible for
Arraigning home visits for 50 VIP clients within the Pfizer organization. Act as a liaison between customer and staffs to assure all escalated issues are handled in a timely manner. Oversee all project work for desktop team and test all new applications within the project scope. Act as Project manager for AD migration of all desktops within end-user community.
• Led Active Directory Migration project
• Implemented a trouble shooting guide to better support VIP home users
• Led team which upgraded users who wanted to work remotely
• Created SOP manuals for Sales Department
• Manage 3rd party break fix team
Perot Systems/ NSLIJ Hospital, Woodbury, NY, US, Helpdesk Manager
Managed the daily operations of technical customer service center staff of 13 responsible for processing approximately 8,000 calls and 1,500 requests per month. Responsible for compliance with contractual obligations of service level agreements for the customer service center. Acted as liaison between customer and staff to ensure all escalated issues were handled in a timely manner. Led off site command center dedicated to support of NSLIJHS PeopleSoft deployment. Facilitated teams to support Novell, Windows NT, Unix, PeopleSoft, and Mainframe applications. Built relationships between company and third party vendors. Worked with hospital VIPs to assure fast resolution of technical problems and led desktop rollout.
• Project Manager for NSLIJ in the creation of a secondary helpdesk that was used to support supply chain roll-out. Oversaw application developers and conducted daily progress report meeting with the shareholders for this project.
• Spearheaded implementation of Integrated Voice Response (IVR) system to ensure customer satisfaction and compliance with service level agreements.
• Active participant on team that developed web-based request system for NSLIJ Hospital System.
• Worked on six sigma project to improve help desks’ rating of 2.3 to 2.7 and earn world class rating.
• Researched and selected vendors for self-service password reset tool.
• Arranged for hands-on training of help desk technicians. Rewarded them on high performance days. Personally ensured a Service Level Agreement (SLA) was never missed.
DeVry Technical Institute (now DeVry University), Woodbrige nj, Computer Science