see all...Viewing 3 out of 5 projects
I'm a recent graduate of Southern Illinois University Carbondale and hold a BS of Architecture as well as an AS in Architectural Studies from. I plan on attending graduate school in the fall of 2012, but in the interim I seek to further my knowledge in the architecture field with continuous research and developement in design theory.
Beyond formal courses of instruction, I have learned that I have developed a passion for the art of design. The opportunity to design and create is as much an emotional connection for me as it is a technical collaboration of form, function and space. The imaginative use of color and visual compositions offers an artistic and practical outlet based on visual aesthetics that provides an intriguing yet inviting landscape on which to build.
Throughout my education I have participated in many team-building exercises including design charrettes, competitions and in-class projects. Working in a team is one of the greatest benefits an individual can experience especially from a new design perspective. As a team leader and member, I have grown in my ability to better communicate, make accurate and informed decisions and to help each member of the team develop intellectually. As an example, I participated in a design charrette in Toronto, Canada in December 2010 where I led a group of five members in an Urban Gardening Competition. While many great ideas were offered from each member, not all could be incorporated into the final draft. I was able to guide the team in an agreeable direction that combined many of their individual design contributions into the project. I am a perfectionist and an enthusiastic learner possessing a strong work ethic. Additionally, I pride myself on efficient time management and exceptional organizational skills.
• Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois. 2009 to May 2011
BS in Architectural Design
• Vincennes University, Vincennes, Indiana. 2006 to 2009
AS in Architectural Studies
• Princeton Community High School, 2002 to 2006
• Southern Illinois University Dean’s List
• Vincennes University Dean’s List
• Dollars for Scholars Scholarship
• Vincennes University Tennis Scholarship
• Disney Imagineering Competition | Spring 2011
• Design Against the Elements (DatE) International Competition | Fall 2010
• Urban Gardening Charrette | Winter 2010
• Cabin 2030 Charrette | Winter 2009
• 710 T-Shirt Design Competition | Fall 2009
• Commissioned by a regional medical center to create CAD drawings of a seven story patient tower. The drawings will be used as part of a 10 million dollar technology program designed to interactively show patient room status on various monitors throughout the facility
• Created basic floor plans for the Central Billing Office of a regional medical center.
• Head Varsity High School Men’s Tennis Coach, Vincennes (Rivet), 2008. Achieved 16-2 record. Best finish in schools history.
• A member of the 4th nationally ranked Vincennes University tennis team for three consecutive years.
• President of SIUC Tennis Club
• Vice president of VU Architecture Club
• Relay for Life Participant
• 2002 to 2006 Princeton Community High School Varsity tennis player.
• Intramurals: Volleyball | Tennis | Soccer | Football
• Enjoying reading books and watching videos on anything architecture related.
Adobe Photoshop | Indesign Adobe Flash Cs4 Hand Drafting
AutoCAD | Microstation Basic C++ Programming Sketching
Rhinoceros + Grasshopper Model Building Painting
3ds Max + Vray Free Hand Autodesk Revit
Southern Illinois University Carbondale, Carbondale, IL, US, BArch, Architecture