see all...Viewing 3 out of 6 projects
I am a Senior Project Manager with an outstanding track record of managing multi-million dollar design and construction projects, including experience in commercial, government, justice, corporate office, aviation, education and residential markets. I have developed projects from schematic design through construction administration and daily interaction with clients, contractors, design teams and firm management. And, I am passionate about completing projects on time and at maximum profitability, while fostering a high-quality work environment and professional growth of project team members.
SDP Architects, Inc., Saint Louis, MO, US, Founder & President
Responsible for overall project management, architectural design, team management, construction coordination and building condition assessments for ground up and renovation projects. Also, responsible for financial management, contracts, schedules, manufacturing, assembly and shipping.
Selected SDP Clients
Jacobs Engineering Group, St. Louis, MO / Project Management, 2011 – 2014
▪ Managed the design and construction of multiple simultaneous projects with clients, contractors and in-house engineers to achieve on time and within budget completion
▪ Monitored, measured and evaluated construction cost expenditures, developed cost estimates and directed cost savings, preserving the client over 22% in construction costs
▪ Oversaw the construction of General Services Administration projects, ensuring on-time and within budget completion, which led to additional projects for the firm
▪ Performed existing facilities condition assessments for US Army Corps of Engineers and provided necessary data for facilities repairs, modernization and expansion
New Trend Design & Planning, St. Louis, MO / Project Management, 2010 – 2014
▪ Provided design and project management services for commercial and residential clients, completing over 100 projects to date
Living Patriot, St. Louis, MO / Financial & Project Management, 2009 – 2011
▪ Co-formed a new design and manufacturing company with appropriate structure to introduce the company's first new product, "Living Patriot Flag Display Prism", to the market within budget and 2 years of product conception
HOK, Inc., Saint Louis, MO, US, Project Manager
Responsible for total project management from concept development through construction completion of commercial, government, corporate office and justice projects.
▪ Successfully planned, organized and managed new commercial office, corporate interiors and government projects on schedule and within budget, while fostering positive relationships with clients, design team members and governing agencies
▪ Assumed Project Manager role on three justice projects and improved financial performance from a projected loss to +20% profit, while increasing team production and client satisfaction
Oculus Inc., Saint Louis, MO, US, Project Manager / Accounts Manager
Responsible for oversight and management of projects and client accounts in the retail banking sector.
▪ Streamlined operating process for financial institution projects, significantly reducing cycle time and costs, while improving customer satisfaction
Construx of Illinois / CDG Architects, Springfield, IL, US, Project Director
Responsible for project management, design and construction management of commercial projects.
• Performed design-build turnaround on a large health club project, completing it from concept design through construction, generating over 25% profit for the company
• Marketed the company to successfully obtain a $15 million religious facility renovation project
Huff – Patterson, Inc., Chicago, IL, US, Vice President / Partner
Responsible for complete project management from concept development through construction.
▪ Implemented an accreditation training program, resulting in 100% of eligible employees passing the Architect Registration Examination and obtaining their architecture licenses within 2 years
▪ Generated and managed design fees in excess of $1,400,000 per year for firm of 8 employees
Teng & Associates, Inc., Chicago, IL, US, Project Manager / Project Architect
Responsible for project management and design of aviation projects primarily at O’Hare International Airport.
• Fostered existing client relationships and generated new aviation facilities projects, while exceeding company financial and client survey expectations
Legat Architects, Inc., Chicago, IL, US, Project Architect
Responsible for design and construction documentation of elementary and middle school renovations and expansions for Chicago area public school districts.
• Completed all project responsibilities on time, while creatively solving design and constructability issues
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL, US, MArch, Architecture
Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL, US, BArch, Architecture Studies