I am a recent graduate of the International Academy of Design and Technology with my Bachelors in Interior Design. Currently in the process of relocating to California. Looking for employment in Interior design/Architecture field. Have been currently employed with True Design Services doing "As-Builts" for 30+ buildings for the Veterans Affairs Campus in Hines, IL. I work well by myself or with a team. Work well under pressure and deadlines. Look forward to new challenges and experiences. Will be relocating to California in January 2012.
True Design Services, Chicago, IL, US, Architectural Drafter
• Worked as a sub-contractor for Epstein Architecture at the Veterans Affairs Hines Campus
• Measured buildings’ interior and exterior components using laser and tape measuring devices
• Assisted in a team to generated “As-built” floor plans for 30 buildings
• Interviewed campus employees to finalize last step of floor plans
• Calculated square footage per room, floor, and building
• Created 30”x42” CAD files for client with each individual floor plan
• Created 8.5”x11” Adobe Illustrator color diagram files for clients’ presentation catalog
CAI Designs, Chicago, IL, US, Intern
• Worked in a multi-vendor High End showroom with over 30+ vendors consisting of multitude areas of residential design
• Organized the cataloging system and sample materials
• Learned how to invoice orders and order updates
• Assisted in two merchandise mart showroom events
• Shadowed sales staff while working with designers in showroom with residential selections
Lowes, Chicago, IL, US, Home Decor Associate
• Worked in the paint department and blinds department
• Assisted customers with: mixing paint, cutting blinds, special order blinds and wallpaper.
• Consulted with color selection for home décor projects.
International Academy of Design & Technology, Chicago, IL, US, Bachelors, Interior Design
All Interior Design courses and Gen Eds