see all...Viewing 3 out of 9 projects
Results oriented senior manager with over 20 years experience; achieving project and program goals and building relationships. Diverse management experience and excellent leadership skills; representing Owners, Architects and Contractors on mission critical projects through initial site yield studies, all phases of design, construction, occupancy, stabilization and disposition.
Key areas of expertise:
• Owner / Client Representation
• Strategic Planning / Programming
• Contract Negotiations / Project Buyout
• Team Building / Mentoring
• Consultant / Contractor Coordination
• Field / Office Operations
E.Y.P. Architects & Engineers, New York, N.Y., Senior Construction Administrator
Lead the Construction Administration team on the $450 million dollar Historic Restoration and Rehabilitation of the Conference and General Assembly Buildings for the United Nations Headquarters. Provided mentoring to staff during the construction phase of the project and maintained a collaborative environment to ensure maximum resource utilization.
• Built relationships and provided leadership to a team of design professions and consultants during the demolition and construction phases of the United Nations Rehabilitation Project.
• Developed protocols focused on accurate, time sensitive, deliverables to meet accelerated project schedules and monetary constraints.
• Strengthened and maintained the partnership between the Architect, Owner and Owner’s representative to ensure consistent delivery of the project’s program requirements.
• Motivate, and direct team members to ensure timely resolution of project directives, i.e., RFI responses, project management, design solutions, shop drawing submittals, cost and schedule review.
Parady Gray Architects/Gray Development Group, Phoenix, AZ., Planning Director
Direct charge of all Construction Administration and Planning Department activities. Gray Development is a fully-integrated real estate development company that includes Architecture, Construction, and Property Management divisions which specialize in the design, construction and maintenance of ultra high end mid and high-rise apartment communities within the Phoenix Metropolitan area.
• Supervised all construction management activities on four projects, valued over $475 million dollars, which were hindered by budget, schedule and staffing challenges. Systematically resolved project’s schedule challenges and minimized budget issues.
• Liaison between Architect, Owner, Contractor and Property Management.
• Generated development opportunities that directly increased revenue and decreased construction costs.
• Implement design and construction program requirements for all company development and construction projects.
• Saved $3.5 million dollars and avoided a four month delay in construction by resolving code related field issues that were not addressed at time of permitting. By utilizing creative thinking, I was able to convey to city officials reasonable alternatives to the code interpretations.
• Resolved all Owner inquiries, design program discrepancies, pre-construction coordination issues and on-site trade contractor grievances that might otherwise negatively impact the ability to deliver a profitably project on schedule.
• Incorporated directives created through collaboration between the Owner, design team, project consultants and contractor to remedy program and construction discrepancies without compromising the project design, function or budget.
• 2006 Gray Development Group “Player of the Year” presented in commemoration of “Cost Effective Solutions and Willingness to go Above and Beyond the Call of Duty.”
• Gray Development Ambassador. This program was set up to assist with the on boarding process of new hires. Assisted during the initial new hire training period, mentored and educated new hires on the “Gray Way” culture.
Gilleland Brubaker Architects, Phoenix, A.Z., Project Manager
Project Management for projects in the private and public education sector within the Phoenix Metropolitan area.
• Responsible for the development, oversight and coordination of construction documents for various educational projects and maintaining budget, design scope and client program.
• Oversaw building code review efforts and the selection of building materials to be utilized in the design program.
• Developed and reviewed bid alternates for C.M. at Risk contractor proposals to ensure program requirements are maintained.
Design and Construction Consultation, New York Metropolitan Market, Owner Representative, Planning Director, Construction Consultant
Provide Project Management, Owner representation, Construction Management, Design and Programming services on projects throughout the North East. Emphasis on public and private education facilities, commercial and industrial buildings, residential and commercial development and infrastructure projects, retail space fit outs and historic building renovations / rehabilitations.
• Primary responsibly to advocate in the best interest of the Owner throughout design and construction.
• Maintained client, city and sub-contractor relations through all phases of design and construction to support successful project completion.
• Prepared feasible design and construction solutions within client’s program and budget. Negotiated building costs with general contractor to ensure design scope and project budget were maintained.
• Analyzed and diagnosed existing field conditions. Presented plausible design alternatives, assisted clients to achieve increased earnings, while minimizing expenditures.
• Oversaw daily and weekly on site construction trade activities, maintained on site logs and reports, performed walk through inspections with Owner, Architect and Contractor.
• Conducted code compliance, life safety and pre-construction consultant coordination reviews.
• Administered and oversaw review efforts of historic city and county records, to compile accurate information to aid in the design programs and to identify constraints on multiple historic restoration projects.
• Generated plan take offs, prepared and maintained cost and quantity estimation reports, gathered and negotiated contractor bids for historic preservation projects.
Dutchess County Community College (SUNY), Poughkeepsie, NY, US, Construction Management
Dutchess County Community College (SUNY), Poughkeepsie, NY, US, Architectural Technology