Thank you for taking the time to review my profile here on Archinect. I believe my professional experience and scholastic background in Architecture and its related fields makes me a perfect candidate to fill your entry-intermediate level position. I am interested in pursuing further discussion with you about possible opportunities with your company for the need of someone of my level of skill, knowledge and ambition.
Recently, I have been working for BIM consultants Case Design Inc. of New York, NY in a project support capacity for a wide-range of large-scale civic, commercial and residential projects. Not your typical architectural setting, the firm specialized in design technology such as Revit, NavisWorks and Jira Issue & Project tracking software. Aside from providing advice in BIM implementation plans and software training for many large Architectural firms, they also provided BIM project support performing model comparisons and clash detection throughout all phases of design and construction. One such project I worked on was the Louisana State Museum Sports Hall of Fame designed by Trahan Architects. This museum called for a very complex interior space constructed of at least a thousand uniquely shaped, curvilinear CNC 'printed' cast stone wall/ceiling panels which required careful 3D organization, documentation and coordination of which I was integral in all but the actual design.
After recieving my Masters, I worked for Stuart Rosenberg Architects of Philadelphia, PA. I gained valuable experience in SD, DD, CD and Permit phases of both commercial and residential projects while performing many general office administration tasks with a small focus on Revit modeling. Previous to finishing my degree at the NewSchool of Architecture and Design in San Diego, CA, I had been attending Boston Architectural College. There I concurrently worked for the world renowned architect Moshe Safdie as a Document Controller. I was part of a construction administration team supporting two large projects organizing RFI and submittal forms as well as construction drawing set management. Specifically, the larger project was Crystal Bridges, an American art museum complex under construction for the Walton Family Foundation, the primary philanthropic entity of the Wal-Mart organization.
Prior to returning to graduate school additional work experience was achieved working closely on redevelopment projects for several joint ventures between real estate development companies, MRA Group Inc. and The Flynn Co. of Philadelphia. My duties and responsibilities had ranged from site surveys of as-built environments and the translation of new and old drawings into AutoCAD digital format, to copying architectural plans and reorganizing outdated drawing plan collections. While in Philadelphia I had also worked as an AutoCAD consultant for Interior Designer Michael Murtha concentrating on high-end residential designs. My tasks involved all aspects of the construction documentation for an interior project; including interior elevations, floor and utility plans. I have included a more detailed resume as requested, as well as a few work examples (retail/residential included). As per salary requirements I am naturally open to negotiations but would look forward to a forty to fifty thousand range in addition to benefits. Likewise, I can begin working immediately.
In the interim, if you wish to contact me I may be reached at Jsn.Stevens@yahoo.com or 412-953-7980. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.
CASE, New York, NY, US, Design Techonology Specialist
• Project support in a capacity of BIM implementation for a wide range of large-scale civic, commerical and residential projects.
• Coordination of 3D CNC panel fabrication process for the remaining phases of construction for the
Louisiana State Museum and Sports Hall of Fame.
• Assisted in the conversion of CAD standards to Revit templates for a handful of notable Architectural firms.
Stuart Rosenberg Architects, Philadelphia, PA, US, Intern Architect
• SD, DD, CD & Permit set phases of architecture in high-end residential and light commercial projects.
•As sole Revit modeler, responsible for the creation of an accurate BIM survey model of an existing
12-story industrial building containing unique structural members for conversion into residential loft spaces.
• Many day-to-day general office administration tasks.
Safdie Architects, Cambridge, MA, US, Document Controller
• Construction Administration team supporting two large commercial projects.
• RFI and submittal communication and organization.
• Construction drawing set editing and management in line with RFI and submittals.
Kallmann McKinnell & Wood, Boston, MA, US, Intern Architect (temporary)
• School sponsored, one-week internship, responsible for a facade model for Jefferson City, MO
US Courthouse and was requested to extend the internship to see it to completion.
Michael Murtha Inc., Philadelphia, PA, US, CAD Consultant
• Worked closely with lead designer in all phases of a high-end residential interior project from schematic design through to staging and client move-in.
• Creation of CAD standards for the office’s preparation to become AutoCAD based.
• Management and preparation of interior architectural plan sets for printing, bidding and construction.
The Flynn Co., Philadelphia, PA, US, Assistant Space Planner
• As-built site surveys of commerical office and light industrial spaces.
• Redesigning of those spaces for the use of new tenants - Space Planning
• Translated new and old hardcopy drawings into AutoCAD digital format.
• Copying/printing architectural plans and reorganizing outdated drawing plan collections.
NewSchool of Architecture + Design, San Diego, CA, US, MArch, Architecture
Boston Architectural College (BAC), Boston, MA, US, MArch, Architecture
Candidate for M.Arch
University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, US, Bachelors, Architectural & Urban Studies
Dual B.A. in Architectural and Urban Studies (Pre-professional degree programs)