Resume: Architectural draftsman, Detailer, Designer
High End Arch’l Woodwork, Millwork, Manufacturing, Interior, Furniture, Design-Build.
Architectural Woodwork Institute (AWI); Association of Professional Model Makers (APMM).
- AutoCAD 2007-2013; ADT 2004; 3ds Max Design 2009; and Revit / ACA Suite 2011-edu.
- Rhino 5.0 w/ V-Ray, Flamingo, Grasshopper, T-Splines, and RhinoGold plug-ins.
- Photoshop CS4; MS Office; and Adobe Creative Suite. Working knowledge of SketchUp Pro, VectorWorks, SolidWorks, Inventor and / or Fusion, MicroStation and Cabinet Vision.
- CAM Software: ArtCAM, MasterCAM, FeatureCAM, RhinoCAM, WoodWop, Auto Code.
B.S. Architectural Technology New York Institute of Technology g. 1995 Other -- Computer Numerical Control:
- CNC Machining Setup & Operation; Online from CNC Concepts, Inc; Certificate of Completion (P/F)
- CNC Machining Center Programming for Vertical & Horizontal Machines and Turning Centers. Verification: http://members.universalclass.com/certificate, serial # 58E921076330
- Setup Reduction for CNC Machines; Programming & Operating CNC Routers (Self-Study).
MITROPOULOS Architects / Philip Mitropoulos, AIA December 2012 to Present - P/T 40-27 235th Street, Douglaston, NY 11363 Architectural Draftsman
- Historic District / LMC Dutch Colonial restorations, including window & door replacement .
New York Custom Interior Millwork Corp. July, 2011 – October, 2012 43-34 37th Street. Long Island City, NY 11101 Millwork Draftsman
- Millwork projects such as the Bronx Civil Supreme Court, and the 7 Gracie Square Apartments.
RT Workrooms LLC, a division of Roman Thomas Inc. July, 2010 - October, 2011 346 Park Avenue S. New York, NY 10010 Furniture Design: Senior Draftsman
- Re-organized filing system. Monitored SalesForce software: delivery dates, revisions, etc.
- Developed optional output as B-size match-lined quadrants to simulate D-size format, with 1/8" plywood backing, to enable multiple one quarter size, half FS, and FS details for the shop.
- Proposed continuous use of Sheet Manager and the redlining features of BlueBeam software, and discussed other production efficiency and quality control issues at meetings.
- Began the planned updating of the entire standard / customizable furniture catalogue.
CAD/CAM Coordinator – for custom high end millwork mfr. June, 1996 – March, 2010
Zeluck, Inc. 5300 Kings Highway. Brooklyn, NY 11234
- Headed up all programming, development, and workflow coordination for CNC production.
- Saved company money by designing proprietary, semi-interchangeable, CNC multi-use profile cutter tools, using computer generated solid modeling techniques.
- Assumed responsibilities as assistant project manager on architect designed 100% custom solid mahogany door and window projects.
- Instrumental in the updating and modification of technical block libraries.
- Selected by the president to work on feasibility studies to determine new manufacturing possibilities, such as multi-tier steel reinforced partition assemblies, extra-large glider and Foldaway door track systems, and full sets of extruded aluminum cladding for all window types.
Furniture Draftsman / Designer (Residential and Hotels) Prior to 1996
Urban Woods, Inc, a susidiary of the Newmark Furniture Company:
- Was in charge of all drafting. Mostly worked from rough sketches to implement the original design intentions,
Komi of New York, Inc:
- As draftsman, worked as team member on large Chicago hotel designed by tworld renowned architect, I.M. Pei.
- Assigned unique upscale projects, such as the 'Presidential Suite' woodwork interior prototype for the well-known Essex House in New York City. This included master plan, wall paneling, architraves, fixtures, and furniture.
Woodworking Draftsman Prior to 1994
Jaff Bros. Woodworks, Inc. – High End Architectural Woodwork Interiors - 3 years.
- Commercial projects there included the Carnegie Institute; the Hudson Street Associates; & former Fortunoff Stores in NY, NJ, and Connecticut.. Also, Citibank, Julliard, and Ralph Lauren.
- Note: Now part of the Library of Congress Collection, distinguished design recognition of Davis Brody & Associates, Architects, together with Jaff Bros WW, for Reference Desk Project in Main Reading room at the Fifth Ave Branch NYPL, published in the book, “Architectural Detailing in Contract Interiors.” Author: Wendy W. Staebler; Publisher: Whitney Library of Design, 1988.
- Amberg & Hinnsman, Woodworking Group, Inc. – A subsidiary of H.B.S.A. Industries, Inc. 2½ years. High End Architectural Woodwork Interiors. Commercial projects there included the 3rd floor of the Polo Ralph Lauren flagship store at 72nd Street, NYC and Manhasset location. Other boutiques and dept stores included Gucci Ltd, Saks Fifth Avenue, & Bergdorf Goodman.
Architectural Draftsman (CD work only)
- Harry Silverman, Architect, AIA - Metal store fronts with window displays. Win & Dr Details.
- David Kraus, Architect, AIA – NYC / LBC Apartment Bldg Renovations. Full sets of working drawings: plans, elevations, specs, plumbing diagrams / sections, HVAC, & new steel beams.
- Don Reiman, Architect, AIA – Shopping Center: floor plans, fixture layouts, reflected ceiling plans to show HVAC and lighting grids.
- Bloch, Hess, & Shalat, Architects, AIA – NY Public Library cooling towers: elevations and sections through boiler rooms to rooftop steel / tracks. Also, suburban garden apartments.
- Daniel Schwartzmann, FAIA – South Richmond H.S: graded outdoor and indoor ground-level parking; student auto and metal working shop plans; metal window & door sections / details.