I manage people, solve problems and get the job done!
As Project Manager/Site Supervisor with Aspen Knolls Corporation, I supervised a crew of 25 and oversaw all subcontractors while maintaining excellent client relations. During a severely depressed market we successfully completed and closed over 900 homes on time and within budget. As a project manager in commercial construction, I coordinated multiple complex renovation projects in New York City for clients such as Dreyfus, Priority Records, RaboBank Netherlands, Wilkinson Art School and Edward S. Gordon Property Management Inc.
I am currently searching for my next challenging opportunity. Should you have a need for someone with proven organizational, client relations and project management skills, I would like the opportunity to speak with you. You may be interested in how I might be able to leverage my wealth of experience in your organization. Here are just a few of my accomplishments.
• Made a successful presentation to the community board to win approval for a $50 million dollar rehabilitation project in an historic section of Staten Island, NY.
• Successfully gutted and renovated a very busy lobby and plaza with an asbestos abatement without having to close off access to the building for the tenants at a midtown Manhattan office building.
• Developed, organized and implemented an auction to sell inventory of 225 residential units in a bear market. Renegotiated subcontractor contracts to avoid liens and turned a profit of $4.5 million.
• Effectively coordinated activities between architects, engineers, consultants and clients providing positive project outcomes.
• Completed 944 townhouses with an average of only 4 items on a punchlist in any given home.
• Project Manager overseeing three site supervisors while running other projects at the same time .
I have over twenty five years of accomplishments with residential and commercial projects. Most recently I built two custom homes. One was 12,000 sq. ft. and the other was 8,000 sq. ft. This was through my own company, Martino Construction Consultants. I would like an opportunity to discuss how I might be able to put my experience to work for you. Thank you for your consideration.
Martino Construction Consultants, Morganville, NJ, US, CEO/President
Built 2 custom homes. One was 12,000 sq. ft. the other was 8,000 sq. ft.
Aspen Knolls Corp, Staten Island,NY USA, Senior Site Supervisor
Supervised all subcontractors, set up schedules, ordered and confirmed delivery of materials, supervised my own crew of 25 men. I was in charge of quality control, client relations, payroll, security and building dept, inspections. This project covered 42 acres and included 944 townhouses including all infrastructure an olympic size pool and an 8,000 sq. ft. Welcome Center. I kept a daily log and handled on site safety. After 944 closings my average punchlist had only 4 items. This project was completed on time and within budget due to many policies I introduced and implemented.
SPK Lewis, Manhattan,NY USA, Project Manager/Supervisor
Set up strict schedules for timely completion of the project. Coordinated material deliveries with building management,coordinated with architects,engineers and clients. Reviewed architectual drawings, got approvals on shop drawings. Handled submittals,RFI's and RFP's. Presided over weekly meetings and kept minutes.
Core Construction, Manhattan,NY USA, Project Manager/Supervisor
My responsibilities were the same as with SPK Lewis
City College of New York (CCNY), Staten Island, Bachelors, Business Administration
Accounting, Marketing, Advertising, Business Management, Engineering, Psycology and many other courses I can not remember.