I graduated from the Bernard and Ann Spitzer School of Architecture at City College of New York with a Bachelor of Architecture on June 2011. My goal is to continue my professional development in architecture and design and I am working towards obtaining my professional license.
Since graduating I have worked for various architecture and design firms in New York City where I have gained valuable local and international experience in high-end residential, multifamily, hospitality, commercial, landmarks, corporate interiors, custom design, furniture manufacture and duplication.
My overall responsibilities have involved a wide range of tasks that encompass, Project Insertion, Schematic Design, Design Development, Permit and Construction Documentation, General Project Management, Bidding and Negotiation, and Construction Administration. I have worked solo and as part of a team being involved in small, medium and large scale projects from small renovations to large ground up buildings.
TPG Architecture, LLP, New York, NY, US, TPG Associate- Project Professional
- Lead and manage the project team in development of the design and the preparation of Shematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documentation.
- Lead all aspects of the Construction Administration phase including site meetings, submittals, shop drawings review, bulletins, and preparation of field sketches based on existing conditions assessment.
- Develop, check and coordinate technical aspects of the design of a project.
- Attend Weekly Project Meetings and/or Conference Calls and Respond to RFI's
- Site Inspections and Layout Approvals
- Punchlist Inspection, Compilation and Distribution
- Assist in Project Close-Out Documentation
- Prepare project code review.
- Spotify-Various locations in USA and abroad- projects range 7,500 SF - 35,000 SF
- IPG Group - Various locations in USA - projects range 25,000SF- 45000 SF
- Boston Properties - NY -projects range 5,000SF -15,000SF
ERA Interiors, New York, NY, US, Associate Project Manager and Designer
- Work with principal to design custom furniture and millwork for residential
and commercial spaces; from inspiration to shop drawings, handmade
manufacture, finishes and installation
- Develop 2D and 3D renderings for new custom designed furniture and
- Prepare contract documentation for client, building and DOB review for
small residential projects. Work includes existing condition assessment,
SD, DD, CD phases coordinating with all trades, AOR, and clients.
Mark Zeff (Zeff Design), New York, Associate Project Manager
- Work hand in hand with Principal and Interior Design department to develop accurate custom FFE furniture and accessories collections, from initial concept through shop drawings review, for various hospitality, commercial and residential projects.
- Develop under Project Manager supervision, full sets of contract documentation for building management, landmarks and DOB review of apartment renovation and conversion. Work included coordination with engineers, interior designers and clients
- Assist designers, project managers and principal through SD/DD/CD, including materials research, FFE process ,shop drawings and branding phases for hospitality and commercial projects.
-Assist Interior Design department in production of 2D rendering of elevations and plans for hospitality and commercial projects.
HOSPITALITY: Hilton Canopy Hotels, Kimpton Hotels, Virgin Hotel
RESIDENTIAL: Lightstone 363 Bond., 295 11th St., Plaza Hotel apt.
Gerner Kronick + Valcarcel Architects, DPC, New York, NY, US, Junior Architect
- Worked independently and with Principal in various Corporate Interior renovations ranging from 5000 SF. TO 20000 SF. Work extents from feasibility and existing conditions assessment through substantial completion, and it includes SD’s, DD’s, CD’s, shop drawings and construction administration phases, as well as coordination with interior designers, engineers, consultants
- Assisted Principals and Associates in 2D and 3D drawings for various process and reviews, including ULURP, LPC, PDC ,DOB, as well as building and community board for landmarks, multi-family and interior renovations
- Worked with principal to complete zoning analysis for various residential and mixed-use buildings in Connecticut and New York
- Assisted principals and project architects with contract documentation and coordination for large and medium mix-use and commercial projects. Work ranged from existing conditions assessment to Construction Administration, and it includes, DD's, CD’s, shop drawings and construction administration phases, as well as contract document coordination and project coordination with all involved trades and clients
- Worked directly with interior designers on materials and FFE research for various projects
CORPORATE: Wireless Gen. , The Lightstone Group, 32 BJ Union
MIXED-USE : 227 East 44th St. (86,300 SF) /5 Beekman (350,000 SF)
COMMERCIAL: Zuma Restaurant (24,000 SF)
CIVIC : Coney Island Amphitheater (60,000 SF)
JMV ASSOCIATES, New York, NY, US, Consultant
- Assemble complete set of construction documents for interior renovation of a
clinic. Work encompasses administrative and outpatient areas
- Assist in production of architectural and structural construction document for
clinical institutional and residential
- Conduct site visits, inspection and field surveys of existing commercial and
- Create 3D models and renderings for clients presentation (Rhino , V-Ray)
CLINICAL : NYH-Podiatric Clinic (8,000 SF)
Hudson Furniture Inc., New York, NY, US, Assistant / Furniture Designer (Consultant)
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND MENTAL HYGIENE/ Office of Facility Planning, New York, NY, US, Space Analyst/ Intern Architect
- Evaluate submitted personnel and equipment forms for in-house projects.
- Prepare Punch List for construction projects, during the substantial completion phase.
- Conduct site visits, inspection and field surveys of existing administrative and clinical spaces.
- Prepare construction and detail drawings; CAD documentation.
- Design interior layouts for various program units in the Department.
- Organize, maintain and archive floor plans and other documents in conjunction with project managers of various projects.
- Create renderings and perspective drawings for office proposals Viz Render software.
CLINICAL : Morrisania Diagnostic and Treatment Center, Jamaica Health Center, Corona Health Center
CORPORATE: 2Gotham ( NYC-DOHMH headquarters)
The City College Architecture Center, New York, NY, US, Intern Architect
- Organize, maintain and achive drawings and pictures
- Conducted field surveys of existing exterior areas of Commercial Line of an Amsterdam Avenue project
- Organized, maintained and archived drawings and pictures
- Collaborated and researched for landscape design lectures
City College of New York (CCNY), New York, NY, US, BArch, Architecture
Pontificia Universidad Católica del Ecuador, Quito, Ecuador, Architecture
We received this Award in recognition to the Design for the MULLEN/LOWE office in Winston-Salem, NC: a 37,500 square foot space in the city’s newly developed Innovation Quarter. The office design was an opportunity to create a strong communications touch point expressing MullenLowe’s identity as “challenger” in the advertising industry, a scrappy do-everything ad firm with a global reach.
Credits go to the TPG Architecture team:
- Larry Berger
- Omar Bustamante
- Carly Jacobson
"Ashburton Housing Complex"
5TH Year School Project. THESIS: Wellness Center at Hunter's Point South, Other
The Wellness Center at Hunter's Point South was selected as one of the school archive projects for school accreditation.
Biblioteca del Bicentenario was an international design competition held in Rosario-Argentina. It was developed in collaboration of 5 architecture students and Llonch+Vidalle Architecture.
4th Year School Project. SOUTH BRONX LIBRARY, Nomination
The South Bronx Library was selected as one of the archive school accreditation projects and nominated as one of the best studio design projects of spring 2010. This project has been exposed as part of the Students Project Gallery exhibition held at the building of the Bernard and Ann Spitzer School of Architecture of the City College of New York, Summer 2010 at the City College of New York and the Students Project School accreditation exhibition held during November 2011 at the same location.
3rd Year School Project. EDUCATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL CENTER, Nomination
The Educational Environmental Center at Seward park was selected as one of the archive school accreditation projects and nominated as one of the best studio design projects of spring 2009. This project has been published in the CITY WORKS 3/ Student Work book spring 2010.This project has been exposed as part of the Students Project school accreditation exhibition held during November 2011 at the Bernard and Ann Spitzer School of Architecture of the City College of New York.
3rd Year School Project. 28 DOWNING ST. HOUSE., Other
The 28 Downing St. House was selected as one of the archive school accreditation projects and nominated as one of the best studio design projects of fall 2008. This project has been published in the CITY WORKS 3/ Student Work book spring 2010.This project has been exposed as part of the Students Project school accreditation exhibition held during November 2011 at the Bernard and Ann Spitzer School of Architecture of the City College of New York.
1st Year School Project. WEATHER STATION, Nomination
Weather station is a comprehensible conceptual design that studies the wind as a virtual and visual weather factor. In spring of 2006, the project was selected as one of the school accreditation projects and nominated as one of the best studio design projects 2005-2006. This project has been published in the CITY WORKS/ Student Work book spring 2008.
1st Year School Project. PLACE, Other
Place is a comprehensible conceptual design that studies the relation of people over time and space. In fall 2005, the project was selected as one of the archive school accreditation projects. This project was displayed as part of the Student work gallery exhibition held at the Architecture gallery of the Shepard Hall, winter 2006.