Have served extensively in the Middle East as Design Director, Regional Manager, Resident Engineer / Senior Architect, Project Manager, and Construction Manager. Have acquired broad range of experience and possess in-depth knowledge of current design sensibilities and of the many directions possible for the profession in this region. While stationed on the Arabian Peninsula, responsibilities have included the execution of project and contract negotiations, client coordination, design development, ongoing interpretation and coordination with US-based and UK-based production teams, direction of local design teams and consultants, as well as on-site design review and construction administration. Travel well, and able to establish an overseas base on short notice and quickly orient to project parameters. Also interested in being based in NYC.
US State Dept Bureau of Overseas Bldg Ops, Washington, DC, US, Proj Mgr
Vanir Construction Management, Sacramento, CA, US and Abu Dhabi (UAE), Architectural Project Manager
King Fahad Specialist Hospital and the King Khalid Medical City (KKMC), Dammam, Saudi Arabia: review and oversight of design work by project architects / engineers (AECOM), verification of compliance with Owner requirements. Project intended to seek LEED certification as well as exceed global medical best practice standards as established by the Joint Commission International.
Koetter Kim & Associates Inc., Boston, MA, US, Senior Project Manager
King Abdullah City for Atomic and Renewable Energy (KA-CARE); invited competition (award pending). Assisted the firm design principals in coordinating the conceptual design efforts of project design team and staff, organized the preparation of design presentations and presented to client in Riyadh, coordinated design efforts of consultants and sub-consultants, prepared and assisted in negotiation of sub-consultant contracts, wrote and edited project narratives and reports.
The Associated Engineering Partnership (TAEP), Kuwait City, Kuwait, Design Director
Evaluated and responded to RFP’s, supervised efforts of design team for proposal submissions, including programming and space analysis, budget assessment and contractor evaluation. Managed and supervised the efforts of architectural and engineering design teams and staff (including disciplines of Landscape Architecture, IT & Security, Structural and MEP Engineering), organized preparation of client presentation and delivered same (to Ministry of Public Works), coordinated design and drawing efforts of all consultants and sub- consultants. Directed and supervised design preparation of the following projects:
• The Credit and Savings Bank of Kuwait (based on concept design sketch by Gensler Associates), 70,340 m2 GFA, 12 office floor levels in addition to 3 levels of below grade parking. Submitted for LEED certification. Total project cost: $275M
• Kuwait National Library, 47,300 m2 GFA, total project cost: $184M
• National Sports Stadium, open competition arena consisting of a World Cup-capacity soccer field, running tracks and facilities for field events, as well as seating for 40,000 spectators and media personnel. Total project cost: $325M
TRO Jung|Brannen, Boston, MA and Dubai (UAE), Senior Designer and Project Manager (resident in Dubai UAE)
Resident Engineer and regional design manager in UAE (Dubai) and Oman. Supervised the efforts of architectural design teams in the UAE and coordinated production with teams in the US, organized the preparation of client presentations with US and local staff, and presented to clients (including Sama Dubai / Dubai Properties), coordinated design efforts of consultants and sub-consultants, created and reviewed design production timelines and delivery schedules, setting benchmarks and identifying critical paths, reviewed and approved material selection and work progress, performed contract supervision and other construction administration roles. Project involvement:
• Salam Yiti Resort, Muscat OMAN, 500,000 m2 resort including 3 hotels, residential villas, retail souk, restaurants, golf course, marina, and related facilities (including district cooling plant and distribution facilities). Design completed through construction drawing phase. Project considered for LEED certification.
• World Trade Center Residence Tower, Dubai UAE. Project submitted for LEED certification. (Resident Engineer / Senior Architect).
• Dubai Marina Center Tower, Dubai UAE (concept design and client coordination)
• Dubai Healthcare City, Master Plan; client coordination
Wilson Butler Architects, Boston, MA, US, Senior Designer / Project Architect
Project team coordination and design preparation and execution, beginning with initial proposal concepts and design presentation, including interior design and material research and selection, following through to construction drawing delivery. Prepared project budgets and reviewed contractor bids, sought and obtained ADA and Municipal approvals in coordination with client management teams. Performed construction administration, including review and approval of materials, contractor change orders, and work progress assessments, contractor invoices. Project involvement:
• Virginia Performing Arts Center, Richmond, VA (Resident Engineer / Senior Architect)
• Towson University Center for the Performing Arts, Towson, MD (Resident Engineer / Construction Admin)
• Lowell Memorial Auditorium, Lowell, MA (Programming and Concept Design, Engineering coordination, construction budget review and assessment)
• Spingold Theater, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA (Programming and Concept Design)
Olson Lewis & Dioli Architects, Boston, MA, US, Senior Designer / Project Architect / Project Manager
Project team coordination and design preparation and execution, beginning with initial proposal concepts and design presentations, following through to construction drawing delivery. Prepared project budget and reviewed contractor bids with client management team. Performed construction administration roles, including review and approval of materials, contractor change orders, and work progress assessments, contractor invoices. Project involvement:
• Ipswich YMCA, Ipswich, MA (Design thru Construction Administration)
• Tenacre Country Day School, Wellesley, MA (Design thru Construction Administration)
• Belmont Day School, Belmont, MA (Design thru Construction Administration)
ADD Inc., Boston, MA, US, Designer / Project Architect
Member of project design team for corporate clients, including concept and detail design, programming and space analysis, materials research, presentation preparation and delivery. Project involvement:
• Liberty Mutual Regional Headquarters, Dover NH
• First Needham Building, Waltham, MA
• Wayland Business Center, Wayland, MA
• Jones Road Office Park, Waltham, MA
• NFPA Headquarters, Quincy, MA
Harvard University, Cambridge, MA, US, MArch, Architecture
Williams College, Williamstown, MA, US, Bachelors, English Literature major