Bilingual Architectural Designer with Masters in Civil Engineering and entry level professional experience working toward Architectural license (currently enrolled in NCARB’s IDP), currently looking for professional growth in a firm with focus on design, management and building construction. Experience of 7 years combining architectural design and building construction monitoring; +9 years experience using CAD/BIM software.
Global Response Corporation, North Lauderdale, FL, US, Answering Service Rep
• Manage a high volume of calls and ensured all policies and procedures are maintained while handling emergency calls.
• Manage order taking, registration, and appointment setting services.
Mantilla y Asociados, Cúcuta, CO / Bogota, CO, Architect
• Participated in project presentations and produced 3D renderings. Utilized diverse design software as AutoCAD, Archicad, Sketch Up, Photoshop, and PowerPoint.
• Successfully designed and developed innovative modern multi-level architectural designs for mix-use projects according to client's demands.
• Coordinated different mid-size projects during all stages of production, including schematic design, design development and construction documents.
• Managed and coordinated architectural work with others disciplines and expertise, (civil, structural, MEP, lighting, landscape, etc.) for all project phases including building permit.
• Updated architectural design as necessary.
• Conducted site visit for survey, compliance with construction documents, review construction progress and meeting with contractors.
Orostream International Contracts LTD, Bogotá, CO, Site Architect
• Participated in several field meetings to coordinated local sub-contractors and construction progress review during refurbish of the 8th and 9th floor refurbish at British Embassy.
• Assisted site manager British contractor with bookkeeping, materials purchasing / research; work requirements as requested to conclude jobs within budget, and local workers supervision.
• Conducted daily on-site work reviews during construction to provide support, problem solving during construction and to ensure it was built according to project specifications.
• Conducted site review to ensure it was built according to project specifications.
Proksol S.A., Bogotá, CO, Site Architect
• Assisted site manager British contractor during 10th floor refurbish at British Embassy with bookkeeping, materials purchasing / research; work requirements as requested to conclude jobs within budget, and local workers supervision.
The Madfis Group, Fort Lauderdale, FL, US, Project Architect
• Coordinated different small and mid-size projects during all stages of production, including schematic design, design development and construction documents.
• Created and developed innovative modern multi level architectural designs for residential and commercial projects using ADT, 3D Max, and AutoCAD.
• Performed code research at State and Municipal levels.
• Prepared design packages and addressed comments to gain site plan and building permit approvals.
• Created renderings and perspectives of commercial building using BIM technology.
• Ensured adequacy of existing structure and combined with new ones in order to create a different building and change it use.
Rodolfo Arango, Bucaramanga, CO, Site Architect
• Conducted daily on-site work observation/supervision during construction, data collection to facilitate analysis, and problem solving of building progress while assuring adherence to project specifications.
• Created reports, assessment of building procedures, materials orders and bills, support in estimating preliminary budget and participated in on-sited meetings during construction.
• Elaborated as-built drawing in AutoCAD based on as-built measurements.
• Implemented and supervised constructability reviews for all construction projects, assisted in all design/engineering professional service contract work efforts, made recommendations whenever necessary.
Broward College, Fort Lauderdale, FL, US, Survey Of Architectural History. ARC 1701
A general survey of social, political, and cultural factors which have generated architecture from prehistoric times through the Fifteenth Century.
Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL, US, ENC 1101
Writing Across Curriculum (Gordon Rule)
Reading examples of effective expository prose and writing essays practicing the forms of rhetoric. This is a General Education course
Completed 3 out of 5 credits to meet the NCARB’s General Education Standard.
Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, Bogotá, CO, Masters, Civil Engineering
Major: Engineering and Construction Project Management.
Universidad Piloto de Colombia, Bogotá, CO, BArch, Architecture
Major: Architecture and Building Construction Technology.