Highly creative Interior Designer with a broad range of skills in space planning, design and the arts. Experience in all phases of design from concept through completion. Committed, thorough, detail oriented, and highly motivated to take on challenging projects. Professional artist who brings a creative approach to all aspects of work; published illustrator with excellent rendering and presentation skills. Special interest in the design of unique architectural elements, sustainability and collaborative planning.
Corporate office interiors, rendering, presentation, furniture & finish specifications, space planning, design development, construction documentation, consultant coordination, millwork drawings, presentation, researching/sourcing, client relations, knowledge of fine arts and crafts, design of unique architectural elements
Renee Reichert Rendering / Illustration, Renderer/Illustrator
• Create dynamic renderings using SketchUp, actual materials, Photoshop and hand-drawn techniques. Work closely with designers and their clients to visually communicate proposed designs while meeting tight deadlines and budgets.
• Illustrate picture books for Macmillan’s Roaring Brook Press. Conceived of first book and sold to publisher.
• Received wonderful reviews from leading reviewers such as Kirkus Reviews and Publisher’s Weekly.
• Solely develop, design and implement marketing strategies and materials including building a website and creating collateral promotional pieces using targeted customer lists for print and email
marketing campaigns. Media interviews include WLIW21 television interview by Laura Savini.
• Present and teach and programs to schools, libraries, and public events to audiences of up to 250 people.
• Illustration awards include Society of Illustrators’ Annual Exhibition Certificate of Merit, publication in Spectrum 8:
The Best of Contemporary Fantastic Art, and a New York ADDY Citation (w/ The Halo Group).
CA Technologies, Islandia, NY, US, Workplace Planner Consultant
• Planned space options in excess of 250K SF for SmartSpace™. SmartSpace is an internally developed Workplace Program that focuses on business enablement and encourages collaboration in CA offices by incorporating generous ratios of meeting space in addition to individual space.
• Provided calculations of building floor plates and plans to real estate group during lease negotiations.
• Provided design drawings, furniture and finish selections for the renovation of CA's Islandia spaces.
• Researched, compiled and designed sustainability documents that demonstrated planning team's compliance with CA's sustainability guidelines.
Gramieri Design Services Inc., Senior Interior Designer
Responsible for all phases of interior design for Fortune 500 clients.
• Created and conducted presentations, developed designs, generated construction documents and specifications, reviewed millwork drawings, coordinated with teams of engineers, consultants,contractors, millworkers and vendors.
• Produced detailed color renderings for formal presentations. Developed hand drawn sketches for client approval during design development.
• Designed marketing materials including portfolio sheets, folder and redesign of company logo.
ADL III Architecture, Designer / Art Director
Designed high-end residential interiors for classic architectural styles such as shingle and colonial revival; created compelling presentation renderings for interior, exterior, and town planning projects.
• Responsibilities included interviewing clients, space planning, generating construction drawings and
details, reviewing millwork drawings and specifying furniture and finishes.
• Designed items such as a bronze and glass elevator gate; worked with an architectural metalworker.
• Researched methods of restoration; investigated purchasing of antique hardware and lighting fixtures.
• Designed marketing materials, logos and holiday cards.
• Assembled presentations; prepared materials for grant submissions and competition entries.
• Participated in LEED webinars, town planning “Smart Growth” design presentations and a Charrette.
Gramieri Design Services Inc., Senior Interior Designer
Responsible for all phases of interior design for clients from diverse businesses including high-end retail, an editing studio, thrift store, and corporate interiors.
• Developed budget conscious designs creatively re-using existing materials, equipment and furnishings.
• Conducted client interviews compiling detailed programming data to establish workspace standards.
• Created and conducted presentations; generated construction documents (ACAD) and specifications.
• Designed and detailed reception desks, millwork and clothing fixtures using a wide variety of materials.
Mancini•Duffy, Senior Interior Designer
Created sophisticated corporate design for high-end executive offices, office spaces and a trading floor.
Responsible for overall design concepts, space planning, design details, finish specification, furniture selection, presentations, orders, site visits.
• Delivered exceptional service while being adaptable to changing program and design criteria.
• Directed design and production team while working closely with project manager, lighting consultants,
engineers, construction managers, contractors and vendors to generate construction documents while
maintaining schedules, budgets and all project requirements.
• Selected as Mancini-Duffy representative at Neocon; toured trade fair and reported back to designers.
Spector Group, Interior Designer
Designed all phases of interior design for clients from diverse businesses including a showroom, women’s health clinic, and corporate interiors.
• Collaborated with design team to determined space requirements and standards to relocate and
consolidate client. Created test-fits for building site evaluations. Generated stacking, block plans, floor
plans, design drawings and construction documents in ACAD.
• Created firm’s ACAD library of blocks and symbols.
Long Island University, Masters, Art Education
University of Massachusetts Amherst, Bachelors, BFA, Interior Design
Archi Benjamin Moore Color Award (ADLIII Architecture, AIA Long Island chapter), Award