I have a unique background prior to studying Architecture with degrees in Mechanical Engineering design along with experience in consulting, software development, and project management. This gives me a unique design perspective and the professional maturity to be productive quickly in a new work environment.
I am a detail-oriented self-motivated professional with excellent client-facing experience.
Angela Matt Architect Inc, Designer/Draftsman
Retail and residential projects.
• Worked on DD and CD for Restoration Hardware tenant improvement projects
• Developed construction documents including performing occupancy calculations for egress requirements.
Flad Architects, Architectural Intern
Science/Technology and Research buildings.
• Pharmaceutical – Relocation of 106,000 SF of labs and offices (23,000 SF from building demolition)
o Coordinated with MEP consultants for utility decoupling to ensure availability in relocated areas
o Surveyed and photographed existing to locate available services; updated as-built drawings
o Worked with laboratory planner on design of 1300 SF Pharmacology Lab and equipment lists
o Worked on construction documents and printing coordination of 11 separate drawing packages
• WRAIR Security Upgrades - Four projects to upgrade security for existing military campus
o Met with user groups at project site in Maryland for programming requirements review
o Coordinated with consultants (structural and mechanical), user groups and client
o Produced schematic presentation diagrams, Design Development and Construction Documents
• Fibrogen – Six-storey tenant improvement in Mission Bay
o Produced construction documents
o Performed occupancy and use calculations to meet egress requirements, updated life safety drawings
• Genentech Freezer Farm – Relocation of existing and new freezers to 10,000 SF space
o Met with user groups and owner representatives to review project goals
o Surveyed existing space and developed conceptual drawings for seven design options
o Developed and refined design documents to meet changing project area boundaries and requirements
• Genentech Hillsboro Fill and Finish - Three-storey, 296,000 SF pharmaceutical fill and finish facility
o Created computer drawings from hand sketches of industrial platform designs
o Responded to rapid revision requirements of project schedule.
Chong Partners Architecture, Intern
California Academy of Sciences by Renzo Piano in collaboration with Chong Partners
o Researched and responded to RFI’s and submittals
o Reviewed drawings for consistency (plans, sections, elevations, casework)
William Duff, Architect, Intern
Residential, commercial, retail projects.
• Sally Beauty Supply – Small-scale commercial remodel in Las Vegas
o Managed project from SD to CD phase to produce permit set
o Coordinated with Las Vegas building department for compliance with local building codes
• Mixt Greens – Tenant improvement at 120 Sansome, San Francisco; gourmet salad restaurant
o Contributed to DD and CD phase documents
• Wheeler Residence – 5,000 SF high-end residence, new construction
o Contributed to CD phase developing plans and interior elevations.
Kaiser Permanente, Project Manager III
Healthcare project management.
• Championed business requirements for migrating fee schedules from legacy billing systems to future-state HealthConnect integrated national billing system
• Provided project leadership to integrate billing practices of NoCal / SoCal divisions of Kaiser Permanente.
DigitalThink, Inc., Senior Project Manager
E-learning company. Internet services - project management.
• Managed teams of 2-20 US and offshore resources and developed rollout plans for product releases
• Drove all phases of software development lifecycle and coordinated with all functional teams.
Acero, Inc., Project Manager
Software project management.
• Supported a 10-person software engineering team developing a multi-tier object-oriented architecture for a genomic information platform of modeled life science data types and biological functions/interactions
• Managed risk and weekly software releases with a geographically separated team.
Agency.com, Senior Project Manager
Web branding / internet services.
• Managed several $1+ Million projects with teams ranging from 2-15 members.
• Supported proposal writing team in pursuing projects from $750,000 to $1.8 Million.
Banc of America Securities LLC, Team Lead
IT project management.
• Project planning and management of projects supporting 80-190 users in SF, Boston, Dallas and NY
• Supervised a team of 7 developer/integrators during critical Y2K testing period
• Led recruiting effort to hire four developers and a Project Manager.
California College of the Arts, MArch, Architecture
University of California, Davis, Software Engineering
Software Engineering Certification
University of California, Berkeley, Masters, Mechanical Engineering
Thesis: An Interactive Multimedia Archival System for Explosively Actuated Valves.
Specialized in Design with research in Multimedia and Expert Systems technology.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Bachelors, Mechanical Engineering
Thesis: Design of a Stand-up Mobility Device for Paraplegics.
Specialized in mechanical design.