see all...Viewing 3 out of 16 projects
In 2000 Richard joined the Hillier Group as a designer, responsible for the construction documentation of additions and renovations to public schools in Johnstown, Pennsylvania and Utica, New York. In 2002 Richard joined the offices of Belmont Freeman Architects as a project architect, where he was responsible for the design, documentation, and construction administration for several Manhattan co-op apartments, an art gallery in Tribeca, and the renovation of a fraternity house at Columbia University. He also collaborated with a Japanese construction firm on the design for a woman's music college in Ogaki, Japan. In 2005 Richard joined the offices of RMJM New York and worked on the East River Science Park focusing on the design and detailing of the exterior curtain wall system.
After attending graduate school Richard joined the office of Peter Gluck and Partners Architects and worked on private residences in both New York and North Carolina. In 2008 Richard moved to Seoul, South Korea to work at the Heerim Architects and Planners as lead designer for Design Studio 2. While at Heerim Richard oversaw the winning master plan and design of the Songdo Science Village, a 217,000 square meter mixed use facility spanning four city blocks along a grand park. Additionally, he designed the winning entry for the Buddhist Broadcast System's main offices and production studios in the Digital Media City, located near Seoul, South Korea.
After returning to the US in 2009, Richard completed the registration exames and became a licensed architect in New York and New Jersey. In late 2009 Richard started Bedric Architecture, focusing on residential and commercial design.
DiCara Rubino Architects, Wayne, NJ, US, Project Architect
• Responsible for technical oversite and coordination of project activities with clients, consultants, contractors and sta .
• Coordination of specifications and drawings, including consultant coordination
Bedric Architecture LLC, Clifton, NJ, US, Principal
• Meet with client to confirm objectives, write proposals and secure contracts
• Conceptualizes project and establish key work priorities for development of design, scheduling, budgeting and objectives
• Zoning analysis and building code research
• Prepare designs, working drawings, and specifications for all projects
• Prepare and conduct design and technical presentations for clients
• Maintain records to document phases of client/architect/contractor and activities.
• Marketing efforts such as networking, website and social networking content
Heerim Architects & Planners, Seoul, KR, Lead Designer + Manager
• Oversaw and led design and presentation/ production efforts
• Managed production and research teams
• Managed the visualization consultants
GLUCK+ (formerly Peter Gluck and Partners Architects), New York, NY, US, Project Architect
• Designed custom stainless steel glazing system
• Produced construction documents with glazing consultant
• Traveled to Hong Kong to coordinate with engineers from the production facility
• Reviewed, modified, and approved all shop drawings and samples
• Conducted bid process and awarded system installation contract to local glazing contractor.
• Responsible for layout of system in the field and sequencing of the trades adjacent to the glazing system prior to installation
• Created installation sequence of system and oversaw installation
The Hillier Group, New York, NY, US, Designer
• Produced full construction documents for the exterior curtain wall system
• Worked with glazing consultant to finalize details & specifications
• Assembled bid package for the curtain wall system
• Met with the awarded curtain wall manufacturer's engineer to revise and resolve technical conflicts with their system and our design drawings
Belmont Freeman Architects, New York, NY, US, Project Architect
• Managed drawing set from schematic design to contract documents
• Researched and selected finish materials, fixtures and hardware
• Primary contact for all correspondence associated with those projects.
• Coordinated with Structural, MEP and Sprinkler consultants
• Facilitated bidding and negotiation process as the client representative
• Review shop drawings and product submittals
• Created punch lists, and carried a project to closeout
The Hillier Group, Newark, NJ, US, Designer
• Assisted in the construction documentation
• Responsible for building, exterior wall, and wall section details
Columbia University, New York, NY, US, Masters, Master of Science in Advanced Architectural Design
New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT), Newark, NJ, US, BArch, Bachelor of Architecture
Ecoles d'Art Américaines de Fontainebleau, Fontainebleau, FR, Summer Program
Program exploring architecture, paint, sculpture & photography
AIA Henry Adams Medal, 1st Place
Engraved medal and certificate of merit to the top-ranking graduating student in each architecture program accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board.
Hillier Architectural Annual Merit Award, 1st Place
Scholarship for highest gpa in the class
3rd Year Design Competition, 1st Place
Design competition among all third year students at NJIT