see all...Viewing 3 out of 7 projects
Oswaldo Ortega is a practicing Project Architect with six years of experience, resulting in the construction of three class-A office buildings, a bio-tech laboratory building and one public plaza.
HOK, Washington, DC, US, Senior Architectural Technician
- Create design documentation for presentations; including, but not limited to 3D
Revit models, foam models, rendered plans, and drawings.
- Produce design content and assist in compiling proposal packages
- Collaborate with landscape architects, lighting consultants, curtain wall
consultants, hardware consultants, product manufacturers, mechanical, electrical,
structural and civil engineers to produce contract documents and resolve
technical issues during construction administration
- Conduct weekly site visits to observe site conditions, evaluate pay applications and consult with contractors.
- Perform inspections on fire rated penetrations to produce complex structures reports for Montgomery county.
- Review, document and respond to submittals, Requests for Information (RFI) and Requests for Substitution (RFS).
- Generate Construction Change Directives (CCD), Architectural Supplemental Instructions (ASI), Proposal Requests (PR) and Contract Amendments.
- Perform substantial and final completion inspections.
- Assist in HOK marketing initiatives by presenting at conference seminars, speaking at career fairs and interviewing candidates for employment at HOK.
UTAP - Urban Technical Assistance Project, New York, NY, US, Architectural Designer / Urban Designer
- Created schematic urban designs through “grass-roots” urban analysis which includes coordinating with community boards, residents and store owners.
- Collaborated with landscape architects to design urban furniture, landscapes and urban interventions.
- Composed 1.5 mile long comprehensive streetscape storefront analysts in Harlem.
Johns Hopkins University, Leadership Development Program for Minority Managers
Columbia University, Masters, Master in Urban Design and Architecture
International Study: Seoul, Korea - 2006
Syracuse University, BArch, Bachelors of Architecture
International Study: Florence, Italy - 2003