I recently graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University's CIDA-accredited Interior Design program with an MFA in Interior Environments. I strongly believe that an understanding of traditional techniques and the basic building blocks of design has contributed to my success with modern technologies like AutoCAD, the Adobe Creative Suite, and Revit.
With experience in hospitality and residential design, I am looking for opportunities to work in a dynamic studio environment and develop innovative and functional solutions for clients' unique needs. As a designer, I aspire to motivate, elevate, and inspire clients to live and work simply, happily, and beautifully.
Digital copies of of both my resume and portfolio can be found here: http://issuu.com/katemagee
Cvent, Inc., Strategic Sales and Marketing Consultant
- Coordinating the design, rollout of sales and marketing collateral, and training of sales representatives for new market product produced by a top-tier software company.
- Responsibilities include consulting with and advising C-level and VP-level management and defining the company and product’s development road map for future enhancements.
Katheryn Robertson, Ltd., Interior Design Intern
- Assisted principal designers in day-to-day project development of high-end residential design.
- Duties included office management, client consultations and on-site product installation, FF&E sourcing, writing design contracts, and hand-drafting.
Distinctive Hospitality Designs, Interior Design/ Project Management Intern
- Assisted two designers and office manager in providing interior design and procurement services for hotels and destination resorts throughout North America.
- Duties included compiling detailed and accurate specification books, verifying contracts and FF&E selections, preparing presentation boards, and participating in client meetings and conference calls.
Cvent, Inc., Senior Associate, Business Development
- Exceeded new business revenue targets by more than 35%.
- Secured and maintained key strategic partners vital to company’s corporate performance and industry placement by consultative selling, conducting demonstrations, negotiating, and closing contracts in the association industry leading to personal customer base of 200 clients.
- Controlled $1.1 million of company’s revenue in 2008.
- Selected to travel to Gurgaon, India, office to shadow, oversee, and provide advanced training to employees from three separate divisions.
Virginia Commonwealth University, Masters, Interior Design
MFA in Interior Environments from Virginia Commonwealth University's CIDA-accredited Interior Design program, which stresses the importance of blending traditional design practices with modern technology.
Recipient of the Virginia Commonwealth Tuition Award for the 2010-11 academic year.
The College of William & Mary, Bachelors, English
Bachelor of Arts in English.
Graduated Cum Laude: G.P.A. 3.5.
Virginia Commonwealth Tuition Award, Scholarship
Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference All-Academic team: 2004 through 2006, Other
NACGC All-American National Scholar Athlete: 2005, 2006, Other
ECAC Coaches' Choice Award: 2005, 2006, 1st Place