I have just completed my Masters in Advanced Architectural Design from Oxford Brookes University (OBU), Oxford, UK. I am awaiting results of my dissertation in December 2011.
During my year at OBU, I was trained to question the implications and possibilities of architectural responses to a programme or brief. In the final part of the year, for my dissertation, the illusion of motion, movement was taken into an architecture.
The vibrant qualities of light, that are experienced while on a journey to achieve change and movement within a material – a dynamic material, were investigated.
The aim of the dissertation was to explore a façade/space that would give the illusion of a a dynamically lit, yet passive environment. I worked on a series of different techniques and materials, in an attempt to find that which was best suited for the effect I was trying to create.
I worked under the tutorship of Andrew Holmes and Archigram’s, Ar. David Greene through my year at OBU to develop and propose a conceptually based dissertation project in considerable depth and detail.
I have got my Bachelors in Architecture from R.V. College of Engineering, Bangalore, India. I have worked as an intern, at a reputable firm in Bangalore, with experience working on various types of projects and interaction with all levels of administration.
I am an efficient, hard working individual who strives to always achieve the highest possible standards of work quality. I am a team player and always try to the best of my abilities to contribute positively, both creatively as well as practically, to solve the problem at hand.
I am proficient in the use of Autodesk AutoCAD, Google SketchUP, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro and other Adobe design and media editing software. I also have basic knowledge in 3DS Max and Autodesk Revit.
DDIR Architecture Studio, Bangalore City, IN, Architect
Architecture Paradigm, Architectural Intern
This internship was part of the curriculum in the third year of my Bachelors degree. The work description is as follows,
• Worked on residential as well as commercial projects which included design development, presentation drawings, working drawings and interiors
• Technical drawings included electrical drawings, flooring pattern, plumbing and sanitary drawings for residential and commercial projects
• Interior work included design and detailing of kitchen layouts, room layouts, optional designs and material palates as well as furniture design.
• Design and detail drawings of staircases, doors and windows with grille detail.
• 3D Modeling as well as physical models.
• Prepared detailed and sanction drawings for residential projects.
• Site Visits involving surveys, measurements and cross-checking on-site progress along
• Third-party interaction with structural consultants, vendors and miscellaneous suppliers.
• Proposal presentations including site analysis for commercial projects.
Oxford Brookes University, MArch, Advanced Architectural Design
R. V. College of Engineering, BArch, Architecture