see all...Viewing 3 out of 6 projects
Mr. Eisenberg has dedicated his career to improving the civic realm by contributing to the design of public spaces and buildings. For more than 25 years he has collaborated on the design of a wide variety of government, recreational, institutional, educational facilities as well as commercial and residential projects.
Depatment of Citywide Administrative Services, New York, NY, US, Civic Center Project Director
Overseeing the City’s time sensitive legacy project to consolidate office space in the civic core. The plan is to vacate two landmarked buildings adjacent to City Hall, negotiate their sale to developers with the most appropriate use, while relocating over a dozen City Agencies occupying over 500,000 SF (Office of Court Administration, NYPD, Parks, Dept. of City Planning, Dept. of Ed., Dept. of Health and Mental Hygiene, Probation, HHC and others) to different City owned and leased space, shrinking the footprint and saving millions of dollars in operating costs, while increasing the tax base.
New York Institute of Technology, Old Westbury, NY, US, Adjunct Professor
Course: Environmental Site Design for junior and senior undergraduates.
STV Inc., New York, NY, US, VP and Director of Architectural Studios
As the Director of STV’s Architectural Studios, managed a large staff in multiple offices in NYC and Baltimore. Oversaw large complex projects. Special interest in sustainability, advocated the incorporation of environmentally-friendly design principles and materials in all projects. A partial list includes:
• Bronx Restructuring Program
• City University of New York
• Dormitory Authority of the State of New York
• New York City Transit: Mother Clara Hale Bus Depot & work at Grand Central
New York City Department of Parks & Recreation, Director of Architecture
Raised the bar in design for the Department of Parks and Recreation’s architecture projects, responsible for the design/rehabilitation of more than 200 projects, including recreation centers, historic houses, plus other public buildings. Implemented “Green” design and universal design, established the Design Excellence Program. Projects comprised in-house design and consultant program, including this partial list of executed projects:
• Marine Park Community Center (Silver LEED)
• 59th Street Recreation Center
• Historic House Trust: Gracie Mansion, the Morris-Jumel Mansion plus other houses
• The High Line
• Flushing Meadows Corona Park Pool & Rink: indoor Olympic pool & ice-skating rink.
• Lincoln Center
Butler Rogers Baskett, New York, NY, US, Senior Project Manager and Associate
Senior Project Manager for many law firm projects located in New York City including:
• Vinson & Elkins, phased relocation & new installation to 666 5th Avenue
• Reboul Mac Murray, Hewitt & Maynard, expansion at 45 Rockefeller Plaza
• Wilmer Cutler & Pickering, relocation/renovation to 399 Park Avenue
Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates, New York, NY, US, Intermediate Architect
• 1250 Boulevard Rene-Levesque, Montreal, Canada. New 50 story, 1.2 million square foot
office building for IBM / Marathon, this published project received a NY AIA Design Award.
• Canary Wharf, London, England. Fast tracking of this pair of office buildings in London.
Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO, Bachelors, Architecture
AIA Arnold W. Brunner Grant, Grant
The survey and documentation of existing historic light fixtures in New York City dating from 1880 to 1940. Selected by the New York Chapter of the AIA.