see all...Viewing 3 out of 4 projects
Jonathan is an emerging designer with a love for science and technology, and the multi-disciplinary nature of architecture. He seeks to create designs that are the culmination of process, experimentation, and analysis; designs that are beautiful, effective, and functional, inspiring users, clients and designers alike.
Jonathan received his undergraduate degree from the University of Southern California, where he developed a foundation in research, receiving a Bachelor of Arts degree in history. During this time he also developed a hard work ethic, balancing his course work with playing on the USC Trojans football team as an Offensive lineman, while also participating as a student leader in the campus group Christian Challenge.
After graduating, Jonathan continued to develop his leadership skills, working on staff with Christian Challenge at USC. A love for design, and the multi-disciplinary nature of architecture, drove him back to school, to receive his Master’s of Architecture, from the California Polytechnic University of Pomona.
Jonathan began his career at Enter-Arc, starting as a project manager, and ultimately also doubling as Director of the Creative Department. At Enter-Arc Jonathan worked on all phases of the projects, from Schematic Design to Construction Documents and Plan Check.
Jonathan continued to grow in his experience as he began at 5+Design working as a designer. Working side by side with project designers, Jonathan had the opportunity to work on project proposals, a mixed-use district master plan, and interior schematic design. A large slowdown in international work created a need for company downsizing, in which Jonathan was one let go.
Jonathan is currently looking for new opportunities and is excited to continue to work with such great people as he has in the past.
5+design, Hollywood, CA, US, L2 Designer
• Market Sector Experience: Retail
• International Projects in China, Taiwan, and Dubai
• Assisted Project Designers on all levels of developing the design from Master Plan to Schematic Design.
• Created digital models, plans, diagrams, and graphics to develop project designs as well as presentations to show project progress to clients.
Enter-Arc, Inc., Santa Ana, Project Manager / Director of Creative Department
• Market Sector Experience: Higher Education, K-12 Education, Cultural, Hospitality, Retail, Community Development, Solar Array Integration, and Residential
• Worked on all phases of project completion from marketing, schematic design, design development, construction documents, plan check, and bidding
• Developed plans and graphics for project development as well as researched materials and systems.
• Managed two employees including delegation of work, supervision and review of work
Borden Partnership LLP: Architecture and Design, Summer Architecture Intern
• Assisted with the fabrication and installment of an architecture research instillation called Light Frames, in Silverlake.
GSN: The Network for Games, Summer Graphic Design Intern
• Graphic Design for GSN website and print promotions, Digital Asset assistance
• Designed promotional website graphics, designed graphics for client promotions, worked with digital file archives and assets, wrote copy for advertisements, general office work
USC Christian Challenge, Campus Ministry Staff Member
• Worked with and trained student leaders, led weekly small group studies, planned and conducted group events
• Designed advertisements and decorations for group events, scheduled staffing for on-campus outreach, leader of sound team
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, MArch, Master's of Architecture
University of Southern California (USC), Bachelors, History
Modoc High School, High School, High School Diploma