My name is Jonathan Richert. I have just finished my master’s degree in Architecture at Cal Poly Pomona and am looking for a position in the Architectural field, where I can grow as a designer and work towards my license.
I differ from the typical Architecture graduate in that I have a varied background in training and interests. This background, gives me a large pool in which to take information and ideas from to help make me a better designer. As an undergrad, I received my Bachelor of Arts in history at the University of Southern California, during which much of my coursework involved research and writing. During this time I also played football with the USC Trojans as an offensive lineman, where I developed a hard work ethic, in addition to learning how to work well with a team. Working on my Master’s degree at Cal Poly Pomona has continued to develop me as the project-based environment requires me to take initiative in research and design, as well as work on a fast-paced timetable using a multitude of programs and methods.
Borden Partnership LLP: Architecture and Design, Summer Architecture Intern
• Assisted with the fabrication and installment of an architecture research instillation called Light Frames, in Silverlake.
GSN: The Network for Games, Summer Graphic Design Intern
• Graphic Design for GSN website and print promotions, Digital Asset assistance
• Designed promotional website graphics, designed graphics for client promotions, worked with digital file archives and assets, wrote copy for advertisements, general office work
USC Christian Challenge, Campus Ministry Staff Member
• Worked with and trained student leaders, led weekly small group studies, planned and conducted group events
• Designed advertisements and decorations for group events, scheduled staffing for on-campus outreach, leader of sound team
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, MArch, Master's of Architecture
University of Southern California (USC), Bachelors, History
Modoc High School, High School, High School Diploma