Throughout the years, I have acquired many key strengths in providing administrative support and project management for a diverse faculty and staff in higher education. I have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as expertise in customer service, administration, organization, and management. In addition, I have demonstrated proficiency in all core office functions, including document preparation, internal/external communications, data and records management, and task prioritization. I maintain calm under pressure, can juggle multiple tasks without compromising quality of work, and adapt to meet the unique needs of any task given. My wide breadth of experience has structured me into a reliable team player as well as an independent worker who is disciplined and detail-oriented. I enjoy a challenge and work hard to attain my goals. I would bring to your office not only these administrative skills, but also a positive, cooperative attitude that I have displayed throughout my career.
Tulane University, Office Manager
• Managed office for the Cowen Institute, included overall appearance, and facilitated general maintenance as needed. Managed conference and meeting rooms scheduling on Google calendar for the CI staff and 6 co-partner organizations. Coordinated and scheduled meetings for CI staff and steering committee in Outlook. Managed logistics for events. Tracked CI staff schedules and absences. Established filing systems for contracts, inventory, files and reports. Managed and maintained inventory of office supplies. Interfaced with Materials Management department to ensure all new computers were tagged. Managed and updated inventory database in Excel.
• Conducted monthly review and reconciliation of operation accounts, grant projects, budget statements, and purchasing card expenses. Developed and maintained condensed summary report of monthly expenses. Principal purchasing card holder and administrator for CI department. Prepared and processed travel and other reimbursements for CI staff and allowable payments to vendors through accounting system or purchasing card. Coordinated monthly purchase of shared supplies with co-partner organizations and created invoices to directly bill partners quarterly.
• Assisted and managed workforce recruitment, hiring, and management processes of independent contractors, graduate student assistants, and new staff hires. Processed staff and students payroll accurately. Reviewed processed payroll action forms generated by system for accuracy and corrected errors. Developed and maintained suite directory, operations and procedures guidebook for CI staff and co-partner organizations, and hurricane evacuation guidebook.
• Served as front‐desk receptionist, directed phone calls, greeted and answered questions from visitors for CI and co-organizations. Provided and distributed relevant information to suitemates.
self-employment, Administrative Consultant
Self employed – provided office setup, administrative support, and created financial spreadsheets in Excel for small, home businesses.
Tulane University, Senior Program Coordinator
• Projected annual budgeted expenses for assigned sponsored and department accounts, which included faculty and staff salaries for the Department of International Health & Development. Independently managed and monitored all budgets for department and assigned grant projects. Reconciled financial and labor reports monthly, and prepared financial reports quarterly for funding agencies. Resolved discrepancies in financial paperwork. Managed financial database in Excel. Prepared and maintained payroll and personnel documents for department. Processed travel reimbursements for faculty, staff, and students. Approved invoices and processed vendor payments. Managed and reconciled purchasing card expenses.
• Obtained quotes and gathered documents for purchase of computers and equipment for sponsored projects. Ordered and maintained supplies for the department and multiple grant projects.
• Served as a staff member to represent the IHD department on Tulane University Diversity Taskforce spearheaded by Ted Chen, PhD.
Tulane University, Project Analyst
• Managed Excel budget database for department account and 40 grant accounts for the Department of Community Health Sciences. Assisted department administrator with assigned tasks and interfaced with Dean’s Office, Logistics and Grants and Contracts to resolve discrepancies in financial paperwork, grant forms and proposals. Compiled and assisted with preparation of budget reports. Tracked expenditures and reconciled purchasing card account.
• Assisted with new student orientation, and assembled and organized materials for fall/spring semesters. Supervised work study students to ensure all projects and tasks were completed. Reviewed all prospective student applications for possible admissions and faculty review.
• Ordered business cards, supplies, equipment, and services. Recorded minutes during monthly faculty meetings. Processed timesheets for student workers. Scheduled meetings, reserved conference, class rooms and equipment. Greeted visitors and assisted with questions or requests until completion. Delivered and distributed documents and department mail.
Tulane University, Project Assistant
• Analyzed and prepared grant budgets for the Payson Center. Monitored and reconciled 15 grant accounts. Generated spreadsheets to track project expenditures. Interfaced with Grants and Contracts Administration to troubleshoot inconsistencies on grant projects. Assisted on grant proposal preparation and budget development. Initiated requests for budget adjustments, project extensions, and scope of work changes for consultants and subcontractors. Maintained accounting, subcontractors’, and consultant’s files. Revised contracts, sub-agreements, and cooperative agreements per request of principal investigator and obtained appropriate signatures for execution of contracts and agreements. Purchased and inventoried all new equipment on grant projects. Processed and tracked financial paperwork, travel reimbursements, and orders on grant accounts.
• Coordinated cargo shipments abroad, travel, and hotel reservations for international visitors. Resolved payment discrepancies with vendors. Ordered department supplies. Maintained and updated contact list for department. Assisted with phones and co-supervised work study students.
Hibernia National Bank, Teller (part-time)
• Promoted and maintained positive relations with all contacts, customers and potential customers. Complied with company’s policies and procedures. Verified identity of customers, cashed checks, or referred customers to an officer for authorization to cash checks. Balanced cash drawer daily.
Loyola University New Orleans, Bachelors, Communications
West Jefferson High School, High School, N/A