Founder of WAKEdesign, LLC, Maggie Hanna, Assoc. AIA received both a Bachelor and Master degree in Architecture and has had practical experience in the states of California, Washington, and Nevada.
In-addition-to providing traditional design services, she is especially committed to accessibility. In association with Karen Braitmayer, FAIA, she is happy to provide accessibility consulting for new and existing projects.
Please visit wake-design.com to learn more about how she can provide design assistance that conforms to your unique needs.
Board and Vellum, Seattle, WA, US, Intern
Short term contract to assist with the design and production of a custom residential story-book home in Seattle. Responsibilities ranged from preparing plans and elevations to detailed interior 3D-Models.
Software: Sketch-Up, AutoCAD
Karen Braitmayer, FAIA, Seattle, WA, US, Intern/ Accessibility Consultant
Three month contract to assist in accessibility consulting for various projects types, including multi-family residential and the Lake Washington School District.
Examined design development and construction document sets in order to locate areas of noncompliance to ADA codes and proposed solutions.
Performed and lead framing and final building inspections throughout the construction process and recorded each projects progress.
Röm Architecture Studio, Seattle, WA, US, Intern
Designed, produced Construction Documents and oversaw construction of residential projects ranging form aging in place retrofits
to period appropriate remodels and new construction.
Assisted in surveying educational facilities for ADA compliance.
Software: ArchiCAD 16
- Helped research and conduct various site analysis and plans according to the City of Seattle Land Use
requirements, advice from Geotechnical Engineers and recommendations of Arborist's on a vacant lot with an
“Environmentally Critical Area” and “Exception Trees”
- Fully involved in Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents and Permitting
McDONALD RESIDENCE ADA RETROFIT
- Managed the design a retrofit in a 1960’s home for aging in place and ADA compliance
- Responsible for Design Development, Construction Documents, Permitting and Construction Administration
- 1950’s Rancher style home addition and remodel
- Collaborated with Structural Engineers and drafted Structural Drawings
- Responsible for portions of Schematic Design, Design Development, Permitting and Construction Administration
- Attended site visits and recorded notes for remodel projects during Construction Administration
- Involved in materials selection
RANKIN EXTERIOR REPAIRS
- Researched Land Use Requirements for an existing single family residence landscape remodel on an
“Environmentally Critical Area”
- Involved in material selection and Structural Engineering coordination and communication
LAKE WASHINGTON SCHOOL DISTRICT ADA SURVEYING
- Preformed ADA surveys on 9 LWSD schools and sited areas of non-compliance
- In certain situations, preformed Construction administrative tasks such as Punch Listing
Anne Johnson Architecture and Graphics, Henderson, NV, US, Contracted Designer
Contracted to assist with design and project management.
Software: ArchiCAD 15
SNRHA FIVE SCATTERED SITES
- Communicated and coordinated with ADA consultants and owners
- Designed ADA accessible renovations for the Housing Authority
- Executed project, from Schematic Design to Construction Documents
- Oversaw design development of seating alcoves and exterior cladding
- Executed construction documents
- Responsible for portions of Schematic Design, Design Development to Construction Documents
Tate Snyder Kimsey, Henderson, NV, US, Contracted Marketing Assistant
Short-Term contract to assist with marketing in an international design competition.
Software: Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Produced graphic diagrams and Icons
- Refined renderings
MDM Architects, Palmdale, CA, US, Draftsperson
Produced CDs at a small, residential architecture firm.
- Executed CAD architectural drawings
- Communicated with clients
- Reported on sustainable architectural construction materials and methods
NewSchool of Architecture + Design, MArch, Architecture
Special focus on experimental adaptive reuse.
University of Nevada, Las Vegas, BArch, Architecture