Class of 2011 Graduate from the University of Virginia School of Architecture. (Pre-Professional Design Concentration).
My current objective is to obtain a position with a respected design firm. By doing so, I hope to increase my practical knowledge and experience while utilizing my skills and design sensibility to further their goals and make a valuable contribution to their projects.
NELSON, New York, NY, US, Job Captain
• Responsible for design & document production for Corporate Interiors & Tenant
Improvements in Manhattan-based Class A & B commercial buildings
• Work with site conditions and trade consultants for the development of As-Built drawings
• Lead production of drawing sets for commercial and residential development in NY & CA
• Performed project management responsibilities for development of new projects
Hofmann Associates, Inc., Towson, MD, US, Job Captain
Work with a seasoned 30+ year firm, dealing hands on with clients on a range of
professional services from advisory consultation to complete project design. Office
collectively works on 200-300 projects per year making productivity, quality, and
attention to detail highly critical for ensuring projects are completed on time and
on budget. Specialize in new construction, manufacturing facilities, office
buildings, retail, interior office tenant plans, and government secure facilities.
Gant Brunnett Architects, Baltimore, MD, US, Designer & Draftsman
- Contribute to various projects which span all phases from schematic design, design development, construction documents, bids/proposals, and construction/progress/close outs.
- Work on commercial, institutional, educational, religious, and large scale residential projects in the Maryland/Delaware/D.C./Virginia areas.
- Assist with project management duties on projects that range from $2-10 million.
The National Institutes of Health, Assistant Project Manager
- Work in a team oriented environment in the Construction Management Branch.
- Develop schematic design proposals for on-going facility renovations.
- Assist with project management duties for health care and laboratory renovations projects ranging from $100,000 to $10 million at the largest research facility in the western hemisphere (NIH).
- Responsible for providing detailed project plans, schedules, and budget estimates related to the specific scope of work for each project.
Initiate reCOVER Studio, Designer/Researcher
- Researched and developed adaptable transitional housing concepts for disaster relief victims, sparked by the 2010 earthquake in Haiti.
- Further adapted design schemes to address chronic homelessness that currently plagues cities all over the world.
- Designs were responsive to practical needs for healthy environments, limitations to on-site construction, functionality, and cost efficiency.
Gehl Architects - Urban Quality Consultants, Student Intern
- Focused on the livability of cities, environments, and surrounding metropolitan areas.
- Examined causes, effects, and solutions that relate to population health, sustainability, natural resource management, transportation, and climate change.
- Developed strategic urban design plans that sought to initiate positive changes to urban environments by making cities healthier, more efficient, and improving the quality of life.
Integrity Home Contracting, Assistant Project Manager/Sales Manager
- Responsible for securing residential construction projects for a growing local home renovation company.
- Managed a team of eight (8) representatives.
- Presented detailed renovation plans and project cost estimates to cliets.
- Worked on site with independent contractors to ensure well crafted and timely completion of projects.
- Personally responsible for over $450,000 in residential construction for the 2008-2009 FY.
University of Virginia, BArch, Architecture
- Received B.S. in Architecture (Pre-Professional Degree), May 2011
- Minor Degree in Architectural History
- Minor Degree in Urban & Environmental Planning
Danish Institute for Study Abroad (DIS), Scandinavian Design
- Enrolled in the Scandinavian Design Concentration
- Enrolled in the European Urban Design Concentration
Emerging Professional AIA Convention Scholarship, Scholarship
Granted $1,000 scholarship to attend the 2015 AIA Convention in Atlanta, Georgia. Award based on success in the field as an emerging professional and engagement with the AIA Baltimore Chapter.
The AIA Jason Pettigrew Memorial ARE Scholarship recognizes the significant contributions of emerging professionals at early stages in their careers and encourages them to complete the licensure process by defraying costs associated with the Architect Registration Examination (ARE). The AIA National Associates Committee developed the scholarship in honor and memory of their late friend and colleague, Jason Pettigrew.
Growing Green Competition- Baltimore City, 1st Place
In conjunction with Baltimore City Office of Sustainability, Chesapeake Bay Trust Foundation, and the Environmental Protection Agency, we entered a competition for reclaiming and re-purposing vacant lots owned by the City. Our design was a 3-part series called Lots of Art, that installed performance art and community gathering spaces in pockets of 3 different low-income neighborhoods in West Baltimore. Upon review by the committee, we won a large sum of money to put towards the realization of these vacant lot treatments. Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake also touted the design as her top selection and wishes to replicate these designs throughout the city once the original sites are completed.
UVa Study Abroad Fellowship, Scholarship
Awarded $5,000 Fellowship to study Architecture and Urban Design in the city of Copenhagen, ranked as the most efficient, green, and sustainable city in the world.
Presidents List, Award
Awarded for having a 4.0 GPA for both Fall 2006 and Spring 2007 semesters.
Awarded in May 2007 for scholastic achievement in a two-year technical school.
Awarded in October 2007 for scholastic achievement in a four-year university.