Class of 2011 Graduate from the University of Virginia School of Architecture. (Pre-Professional Design Concentration).
My current objective is to obtain an intern architect position with a respected design firm. By doing so, I hope to increase my practical knowledge and experience while utilizing my skills and design sensibility to further the firms goals and make a valuable contribution to their projects.
Gant Brunnett Architects, Baltimore, MD, US, Designer & Draftsman
- Contribute to various projects which span all phases from schematic design, design development, construction documents, bids/proposals, and construction/progress/close outs.
- Work on commercial, institutional, educational, religious, and large scale residential projects in the Maryland/Delaware/D.C./Virginia areas.
- Assist with project management duties on projects that range from $2-10 million.
National Institutes of Health, Intern Architect
- Work in a team oriented environment in the Construction Management Branch.
- Develop schematic design proposals for on-going facility renovations.
- Assist with project management duties for health care and laboratory renovations projects ranging from $100,000 to $10 million at the largest research facility in the western hemisphere (NIH).
- Responsible for providing detailed project plans, schedules, and budget estimates related to the specific scope of work for each project.
Initiate reCOVER Studio, Designer/Researcher
- Researched and developed adaptable transitional housing concepts for disaster relief victims, sparked by the 2010 earthquake in Haiti.
- Further adapted design schemes to address chronic homelessness that currently plagues cities all over the world.
- Designs were responsive to practical needs for healthy environments, limitations to on-site construction, functionality, and cost efficiency.
Gehl Architects - Urban Quality Consultants, Student Intern
- Focused on the livability of cities, environments, and surrounding metropolitan areas.
- Examined causes, effects, and solutions that relate to population health, sustainability, natural resource management, transportation, and climate change.
- Developed strategic urban design plans that sought to initiate positive changes to urban environments by making cities healthier, more efficient, and improving the quality of life.
Integrity Home Contracting, Assistant Project Manager/Sales Manager
- Responsible for securing residential construction projects for a growing local home renovation company.
- Managed a team of eight (8) representatives.
- Presented detailed renovation plans and project cost estimates to cliets.
- Worked on site with independent contractors to ensure well crafted and timely completion of projects.
- Personally responsible for over $450,000 in residential construction for the 2008-2009 FY.
University of Virginia, BArch, Architecture
- Received B.S. in Architecture, May 2011
- Minor Degree in Architectural History Degree
- Minor Degree in Urban & Environmental Planning
Danish Institute for Study Abroad (DIS), Scandinavian Design
- Enrolled in the Scandinavian Design Concentration
- Enrolled in the European Urban Design Concentration
UVa Study Abroad Fellowship, Scholarship
Awarded $5,000 Fellowship to study Architecture and Urban Design in the city of Copenhagen, ranked as the most efficient, green, and sustainable city in the world.
Presidents List, Award
Awarded for having a 4.0 GPA for both Fall 2006 and Spring 2007 semesters.
Awarded in May 2007 for scholastic achievement in a two-year technical school.
Awarded in October 2007 for scholastic achievement in a four-year university.