Interior Designer with advanced detailing skills and proficient in creating dynamic designs independently and in collaboration with associates and clients. A strong knowledge of codes, building systems, contract documents and administration, and space planning methodologies.
Interior Design, Graphic Design, 3D rendering, Construction documents, Lighting Designs, Material selections and Material Board Designs
Esquenazi & Associates, New York, NY, US, Interior Designer
• Create conceptual design sketches that illustrated the architectural treatment of the space, ideation for concepts and developed concept statements.
• Design and prepare presentation boards both two and three dimensions, including furniture and finishes.
• Assist in modifying drawings, preparing design and contract documents, and developing space plans.
• Place orders of materials and furniture via phone, emails and in person.
• Select and shop for fabrics and materials from the D&D and ABC buildings.
• Research and collect new product specifications to be incorporated into production documents.
• Update the proposals using Studio Design software.
• Participate in design and drawing of interior construction details, millwork, finishes and lighting.
• Visit the sites for As-build measurements and monitoring site work & furniture installations.
Lines Architects and Interiors, Freelance Designer
• Determined architectural preferences based on purpose, function, and budget.
• Interpreted the goals of the project into an appropriate design.
• Incorporated millwork details, elevations, lighting plans and architectural finishes into design plan.
• Developed and maintained appropriate client base through effective marketing.
•Oversaw the ADA certification process for a Healthcare Facility, learned codes and made recommendations.
• FF&E selection/sourcing and managed vendor communication and purchasing process.
• Planned and followed up with referrals and potential prospects.
• Researched products and systems that accomplished the design intent.
• Created proposals and presented designs to clients.
• Participated in the development of construction documents and specifications to insure compliance with design intent.
• Prepared furniture drawings and specifications.
Vandana Architects And Interiors, Assistant Designer
• Participated in aspects of project development from programming through conceptualization, design development and construction documents.
• Assisted in or prepared programming questionnaires for use during interview process and set up project files.
• Researched and selected samples for material sourcing.
• Developed space plans that are responsive to and conform to the program requirements and client’s goals and objectives.
• Lead a five member team for a huge commercial project.
• Participated in the development and maintenance of the project standards library, including CAD and detail standards and procedures, and assist in maintaining the resource library.
• Participated during trade or industry events or manufacturers product introductions proactively as needed.
• Assembled the program data and prepared the program report for review by the Principle Architect, prior to presentation to the client.
• Performed site analysis, including survey of existing conditions and field measurements.
Sridhar Reddy Associates, Project Designer
• Planned, directed, and managed designated projects.
• Attended client presentations when appropriate.
• Research products and systems that accomplish the design intent.
• Reviewed, performed design, color, fabric, and manufacturer for wallpaper, paints, carpets, lighting, doors, furniture, cubicles, files, cabinets and other areas.
• Determined color schemes, negotiated furniture purchases to produce cost savings on fine, high-end products.
• Worked in conjunction with Architects and contractors to coordinate efforts.
Shimha Associates, Architects & Interior designers, Intern Designer
Assumed role as intern designer and conducted conceptual design, space planning, design presentation, and material development: sketches, renderings, and models. Collaborated with principals on design concepts and presentation activities. Handled field reports, OAC meetings, RFIs/submittals, and punch lists.
University of Nebraska, Bachelors, Interior Design