Architect with a diverse portfolio created over 17 years, (10 in USA) of architectural and project management experience, I am looking for a position at a multi-discipline firm at which, my experience will provide growth.
EDUCATION, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATION
•UNIVERSITY OF SAN BUENAVENTURA
o Bachelor of Science in Architecture, June 1993.
o Professional Registration License in Colombia S.A.
•MOUNTAIN VIEW COLLEGE
o REVIT BIM modeler – Commercial Architecture 2009
o Finance in Construction, Eco. Miguel Téllez Luna
o Auctions, Eng. Germán Urdaneta
o Critical Trajectory and Programming, Arc. Jorge Noriega Santos
o Site Programming, Arc. Hernando González
o Budget and Construction Costs, Arc. Juan Guillermo Consuegra
o Pathology of Construction, S.C.A. Cali Branch
o The House The Homes, Los Andes University
o CECO Building Systems, CECO
o Autodesk Products Workshop, Autodesk
o ADA Regulations, UTA
o Vector Works, Arq. Milton Eraso
o Metal Framing Constructive Systems, Casa Andina
o Archicad, Arq. Milton Eraso
o Minicad, Arq. Milton Eraso
o AutoCAD for Architects, Systecom
o Office Professional 2007, Systemplus
o Microsoft Project 2007, Systemplus
o Office Professional XP, Systemplus
o Windows 7, Systemplus
o AutoCAD ADT, Sistecom
o Budget and Construction Costs, Obra 60, Sisaltec
o Budget and Construction Costs, Edificar
o Construction and Systematization, Camacol
o Budget and Construction Costs, Licita
o Application of Construction Additives,Tec
o Constructive Systems , Camacol
o Budget and Construction Costs, Construdata
o Use a Construction Additives, Sika
o AutoCAD Expert, C.A.D. Engineering
Full knowledge in architectural, graphics, presentation, and miscellaneous software applications using:
• Revit Architecture 2012
• AutoCAD Architecture 2012 (2D -3D)
• SketchUp Pro 7 with V-Ray
• Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended
• 3D Studio VIZ
• Autodesk Impression
• DWF Design Review
• Corel Video Studio Pro X3
• Windows Movie Maker 2011
• Corel Draw Graphics X5
• Microsoft Project Professional 2010
• COM check 3.8
• Microsoft Office 2010
• Microsoft Outlook 2010
• Adobe Acrobat X Pro
• Microsoft Power Point 2010
• Microsoft Publisher 2010
• And other diverse applications
• Preparing documents for NCARB certification through the Broadly Experienced Foreign Architect Program - BEFA.
• Extensive background from conceptual, site planning, architectural design development to construction documentation through construction completion in hospitality / healthcare, multifamily, residential, commercial retail, office, institutional / schools, religious, transportation, industrial and recreational projects.
• Action, positive results directed, decision maker, time management, leaded teams to exceed revenue & profit goals.
• Experienced in ADA, Building, Energy Codes and expert in masonry, wood, metal frame, tilt wall and pre-engineering structural construction systems, manage American, and Metric systems.
• Highly skilled in CD’s and project presentation using Revit 2012, AutoCAD Architecture 2012 (2D/3D) and 3D VIZ.
• Can design special items such as brochures, covers, posters, and interactive presentations.
• DAVIS AND DAVIS, INC. – Arlington, Texas. Nov ’02 – Jul ‘11
Architectural Project Designer / Manager: Interpret design concepts and translate them into workable construction systems, lead the architectural design development and consultant’s coordination to complete construction documents for clients or bidding under supervision of a project architect. Coordinate and communicate with project architect regarding schedule status to ensure it meets the client’s requirements for commercial and recreational projects such as industrial facilities, family entertainment centers, water parks / aquatic facilities, go-kart tracks, arcade facilities, playgrounds, and mini-golf facilities.
•NORTE ARCHITECTS, INC. – Fort Worth, Texas. Jan ’01 – Nov ’02
Intern Architect: Assisted in site development, architectural design, construction documents, and project presentations for Fort Worth ISD, and commercial projects.
•CREAR ARCHITECTURE, INC. – Colombia – S.A. Dec ’96 – Dec ’00
Associate architect: Commercial, and residential projects.
•E.E.B. AND ASSOCIATES. – Colombia – S.A. Jun ’94 – Dec ‘96
Project Coordinator: Commercial, and residential projects.
•ENRIQUEZ AND TRUJILLO, LTD – Colombia – S.A. Jun ’93 – Jun ‘94
Project Director: Site planning, and residential projects.
•SOMOS ARCHITECTURE, LTD – Colombia – S.A. Feb ’90 – Jun ‘93
Intern Architect: Institutional, commercial, and residential projects.
• Colombian Society of Architects
• Parental Association San Francisco Javier High School
• Club Colombia Country Club
• Bilingual, English as a second language. Spanish as first language.
• “It is with great pleasure that I introduce Mr. Javier Rosero. He has been part of our “family” as a valued and trusted employee at Davis & Davis for the past 10 years. It is with regret that we have had to lay Javier off, because the economy matter; he is a tremendous person, highly motivated and incredibly honest, in other words an outstanding team player and the very perfect employee.
During his tenure, Javier grew to be skilled as architectural project designer and project manager in both architectural and site areas. He was responsible for our graphic design and renderings using Photo Shop, 3d VIZ, Architectural Desktop 3D/2D, Revit, Autodesk Expressions and maintaining our graphics library.
Javier is very technically oriented he can coordinate a architectural or site project with the other consultants and can fully utilize the capabilities of AutoCAD Architecture 2012 or Revit Architecture 2012 in the production of construction documents associated with a variety of building systems including CMU block, wood or metal frame, tilt wall and pre-engineered structural systems. In addition he knows another variety of software portfolio.
I hope that after you have the opportunity to meet Javier you to will see the gifts he can bring to another employer. I can offer only the highest of recommendations for Javier. Thank you for your consideration.”
Kim C. Davis, RLA, ASLA, #1386
President, Davis & Davis, Inc.
Phone: (817) 274 3871
• “Javier is an excellent Project Manager ,Architect , from concept to completion, all details and creative solutions. His design beyond expectations. Best results and achievement.”
Fabio Guerrero, Arq.
Owner, GR Construction Services LLC
Phone: (407) 782 0951
• “Javier was an outstanding and distinguished architectural student. As a professional in our Company, upon graduation, he was efficient and very good partner”
Diego Penalosa, Arq
President, Somos Architecture LLC
Phone:(57 2) 892 44 44
• "I have known Javier over ten years and consider him to be a man of integrity, He is a man of common sense and someone I am glad to call my friend. I have worked with him on multiple projects. While Javier is very knowledgeable with excellent design savvy he possesses the rare trait of humility. Should the opportunity present itself to work with Javier again in the future I would welcome the opportunity."
Project Manager, Davis and Davis,Inc
Phone:(817) 274 3871
• “I have worked as a Project Architect with many architects over the years, but I have not worked with anyone that was any more diligent about fulfilling their assignment than you have been. I have always appreciated the fact that we could communicate honestly about the problems that we were both dealing with at the time and we could come up with a solution that would be in the best interest of the owner and would help the project to move forward.”
Mike Esparza, AIA
Project Architect, Hahnfeld Hoffer Stanford
Phone:(817) 302 0662
Davis and Davis, Inc., Architectural Project Designer / Manager
Interpret design concepts and translate them into workable construction systems, lead the architectural design development and consultant’s coordination to complete construction documents for clients or bidding under supervision of a project architect. Coordinate and communicate with project architect regarding schedule status to ensure it meets the client’s requirements for commercial and recreational projects such as industrial facilities, family entertainment centers, water parks / aquatic facilities, go-kart tracks, arcade facilities, playgrounds, and mini-golf facilities.
Norte Architects, Inc., Intern Architect
Assisted in site development, architectural design, construction documents, and project presentations for Fort Worth ISD, and commercial projects.
Crear Architecture, Inc., Owner
Commercial, and residential projects.
EEB and Associates., Project Coordinator
Commercial, and residential projects.
E and T, Ltd., Project Coordinator
Site planning, and residential projects.
Somos Architecture, Ltd, Architectural Intern
Institutional, commercial, and residential projects.
San Buenaventura University, Bachelors, Architecture
Bachelor degree in Architecture.
Professional License in Colombia S.A.