see all...Viewing 3 out of 11 projects
Architect and Furniture Designer forged internationally working with award winning firms, I have acquired an eye for details and deliver high quality design.
My awareness about Space, Materials and Light as well as my technical knowledge is expressed through human scaled projects in Education, Healthcare, Offices, Luxurious Residencies, Historical buildings, Retail and Master Planning, as well as Furniture, Accessories
and Jewellery Design.
Blue-sky thinker and concept developer, I am well-traveled. Polished through three internationally ranked Schools of Architecture and a wide range of work experience around the world which feed creativity and great team work attitude to bring projects to their best.
Strong professional, technical and communication skills developed in French and English and a great sense of tact with clients and businesses in Architecture, Art and Design.
2D/3D and computer literate, fast learner and observer, I can generate and present solutions by taking responsibilities to reach deadlines while working hand in hand with engineers and contractors.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or +61(0)406 287 112 for full PDF Resume and Portfolio
archiFreude, Brisbane - Australia, Architect & Furniture Designer
Working independently taught me the essential of Business and Architecture that I have previously experienced as an employee. I have been able to take responsibilities, lead projects to completion and reach deadlines. I developed a great sense of communication and interest in understanding client’s desires.
• Created, submitted and presented the Urban Planning Project: “Mons, Belgium/Maubeuge, France: European Capital of Culture 2015”;
• Conception and creation of furniture, accessories and interiors (residentials, restaurants and retail);
• Independent study on sustainable design “Roof Gardens: Chicago, Oak Park and Paris” 2005;
• Thesis “Eating, Dumping and then Sleeping...” where Architecture lives!
Francis Sultana Ltd, London - UK, Production Manager + Assistant Designer
Assisting Francis Sultana in his design and carrying the production is a challenging role where the balance between design’s firm Identity and technical requirements has fully developed my entrepreneur skills and blue sky thinker awareness to shadow entire projects to delivery.
I became the key person to manage every aspect of conception, prototyping, pricing, production and organization, to achieve very high quality design. Developing long term relationships, I was working with artists and manufacturers in: 3D printing, upholstery, casting, carpentry, electrical and many other fields.
While controlling orders/deliveries, I managed priorities, schedule and solved technical problems which also triggered in seeking new opportunities for the best of the brand and firm’s goals.
• Weekly project reports and project management to run production through effective communication between all key parties while updating schedule/cost modification
• Management of key supplier contracts, purchase orders and deliveries/stock from manufacturers
• Travel overseas to manufacturers, foundries, workshops and Artists for quality control and development
• Financial budgeting and reporting to track/archive costs and production of custom pieces and collections
• Site visits, worldwide deliveries and installation with transporters and manufacturers
• Produced FRANCIS SULTANA Collections 2011, 2012 as well as early designs and custom pieces
• Drafted the MUNIRA Collection for Marc de BERNY 2013 LONDON
• Entirely organized new CELIA Collection 2014: drafting, prototyping, costing, delivery and quality control in Europe
Fredrikson-Stallard, London - UK, Assistant Designer
Assisting Yan Stallard and Patrick Fredrikson fully immersed me in the Design world, where I applied some business and creation skills through many stages of the production. Besides the conception of products, I was in charge of designing and producing blue prints for the construction of their new office, as well as, working with the contractors on site. Participating and managing the construction of the new office while anticipating problems of the restauration of the existing building itself, was a challenging phase which I fully enjoyed hand to hand with the contractors. The reality of a construction site in its human, economical and technical aspects revealed in me the desire to excel in every details of a construction.
• Assisting in the Design and Production: “CRUSH” table and “AVIARY” Chair + curstom pieces
• Managing/Assisting the construction of the new office: drafted plans, costs and organizing contractors
• Organization of the building site, sheduling contractors and supply of materials
SPEFINOX, Valenciennes - France, Assistant Firm Owner
• Update safety and administration documents for a commercial pipe and
boiler installation company per client projects
• On-site management of spatial organization and calculation of staff costs
• Communicate and translate client’s needs to staff (sites in the United Kingdom and France)
Monique Barge Architecte, Paris - France, Junior Architect
Assisting the Project Manager in all stages of 8 projects, from competition to construction, mainly on Healthcare, Housing and Furniture Design. I worked directly with structural, fluid and electrical Engineers as well as safety controllers. The diversity of colleagues taught me how to work in accordance to the needs of others and organise work as a team.
• Architectural work: 6 Healthcare Centres through ($17-20M): competition (2/3 won), conception (2) and construction (2) + the creation of the reception desk’s design + private housing projects (1);
• Responsible for the researches and development architectural solutions and technical details;
• Administrative work: building permits, client/contractor follow ups and project organization.
MORFIS Architecture, Rotterdam - The Netherlands, Junior Architect
Developing projects in an environment that believes in Architecture and Landscape Utopia with a new approach to project with no limits and full involvement was an complete honor. The dive into the Design and the Business scene taught me how to create, develop and work with almost no boundaries. The international intentions, as well as the conceptual desires, meet perfectly with the philosophy I have.
• Team work on construction of draft designs of two schools: Twickel WMBO & HAVO in Born–NL
• Logistics: preparation of meetings and documents, developed firm’s communication and follow up and participated in high profile competitions: TU Delft, Benetton, HOLLAND 2040.
• Participated in high profile competitions: TU Delft, Benetton Tehran, Anderland : Holland 2040
Sophie Valla Architecture, Amsterdam - The Netherlands, Freelance Architect
Assisting in the creation of draft design for a residential project independently was a great opportunity. Working with full responsibilities of my design and deadlines, forged me on the full spectrum of the qualities required to be an Architect.
• Drafted complex geometry of the structural plans through advanced use of Rhino3 and CAD 3D.
• Drafted plans for restaurant “All Stars” Amsterdam
24H>Architecture, Rotterdam - The Netherlands, Architect intern
The mid-size Architecture firm gave a great overview of Dutch Design and Architecture at its best, where Technics and Design meet, bringing every persons involved in the process around the table. Deeply implicated in the conceptual process, I accomplished independent work on a famous Rotterdam house for its extension on Kralingse Lake, as well as participating on a variety of leisure (Aquatic centers) and residential projects (Hatert Tower Nijmegen NL) and international competitions.
• Executed concept research, designs, models in clay and 3D; drafted plans and technical details, calculated costs with Contractors.
• Conception of perforated balconies’ facade for the Hatert tower in Nijmegen, the Netherlands
Harding Partners, Chicago - USA, Architect intern
• Restoration of Frank Lloyd Wright 1st Prairie style home: 1901 Davenport house, River Forest, Illinois. Hands on experience, rough carpentry and finish restoration based on physical evidence and original plans
Lille National Superior School of Architecture ENSAPL, France, MArch, French Architect License HMONP (French NCARB)
6 professional seminars about:
- Roles and responsibilities of actors
- Building conception process (phases, rules,...)
- Construction process and building site (process, rules,planning,... )
- Project/firm finance (feasibility, profitability, administration, law)
- From conception to construction (construction feeds conception)
Ecole Nationale Supérieure d'Architecture de Versailles, MArch, Architecture Thesis
Thesis project untitled " Experiencing the Lake Michigan", Chicago IL, USA
Ecole Nationale Supérieure d'Architecture de Versailles, MArch, Architecture, Master 2nd year
Studio : Offices and Laboratories School Project in Venice, Italy
2 years Independent Study on " When and Why roof garden? "
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, MArch, Architecture, Master 1st year
2) Extension of Krannert Center for Performing Arts, Urbana, IL - USA
1) Competition for a Lodge Hotel on the Chan Chan Ruines, Trujillo - Peru
- Seminar on smart materials
- Classes : Web Design, Ceramic, Life drawing, 3D modeling, American history of Architecture,
Ecole Nationale Supérieure d'Architecture de Versailles, BArch, Architecture, Bachelor 3rd year
1) Swimming pool, Paris , XVème - France
2) Housing project, Paris, XIIIéme - France
Year Seminar on Khan and Frank Lloyd Wright with Independent Study :
" Exeter Library by Louis I. Khan, (Exeter, New Ampshire - USA) and Guggenheim Museum by Frank Lloyd Wright New York - USA) experiencing Light."
Urban Study : District of Cergy Pontoise 1970 as "Ville Nouvelle" and todays problems
Video: Frame by Frame short movie
Classes : 1800- 1950 Landscapes and gardens, American Architecture,
Lille National Superior School of Architecture ENSAPL, France, BArch, Architecture, Bachelor 2nd year
1) Library, Lille - France
2) Housing, Roubaix - France
Classes: Studio, Urban Planning, Structure (wood, masonry), Art and Design, Industrial Design, Ceramic, 3D model and rendering, Philosophy and History.
Lille National Superior School of Architecture ENSAPL, France, BArch, Architecture, Bachelor 1st year
Project rendering for public communication, Nomination
Extension for the Krannert Center for the Performing Arts.
Fall project published in the school newspaper, Daily Illini, for the quality of the design and philosophy.
Restoration of the first prairie style home, the 1901 Davenport house by Frank Lloyd Wright in
River Forest, IL
Awarded a full scholarship for the exchange program, Scholarship
-Awarded a full scholarship for the exchange program between Schools of Architecture at the University of Illinois and Versailles, $30000