Implementing LEED standards specifically to historic and/or residential spaces, as well as developing affordable assisted living & modular housing options that are designed around LEED and passive house standards/concepts.
Currently working towards completing IDEP hours for NCIDQ license exam.
Fox Nahem Associates, New York, NY, US, Interior Designer
• Develop, maintain and issue floor plans, elevations, and detailed drawings for architects, general contractors, and fabricators.
• Act as the main liaison between Fox Nahem and fabricators, such as Amuneal Manufacturing Corp., Nakashima Woodworker, and New Day Woodwork.
• Provide clients with hand renderings, 3D drawings and Photoshop-ed images to enhance visualizing concepts and changes.
• Research for products that accommodate the clients’ needs as well as the company’s signature look.
• Communicate with various national and international vendors to successfully process orders from inquiring to delivering and/or installing prior to The Reveal date.
Giants in the Dirt, New York, NY, US, Interior Designer
• Prepared detailed Alteration Type I & II, and Public Assembly drawings for the New York Department of Buildings and for the Landmarks Preservation Commission.
• Researched economical solutions for zoning, energy-compliance, etc. issues for each unique project.
• Provided over a dozen clients with budget sheets and “look book” presentations of design concepts and directions.
• Edited, organized, and developed images and book and ad layouts for marketing purposes.
• Reconstructed, updated and managed the company’s existing website.
Oly Atelier, New York, NY, US, Sales Coordinator
• Managed store operations, including accurate production lead times and product reassurance.
• Assisted customers with specific product information and finish options, processed quotes and invoices and transactions.
• Advised homeowners and designers with furniture decisions that supply customer’s with their needs while maximizing the company’s gross income.
Force One Entertainment, New York, NY, US, Temporary Employee
• Provided administrative support for four top executives at Disney Theatrical Productions.
• Assisted in everyday tasks including organizing, developing, and modifying presentations, meetings, phone calls, and domestic and international trips.
• Worked at various offices such as Nadine Johnson and Weight Watchers International and substituted for out-of-the-office administrative employees.
New York City Department of Parks & Recreation, New York, NY, US, Intern
• Developed concrete comprehension of the protocols to approach city projects and issues.
• Created educational programs for children of the ages three to twelve years old.
• Designed and marketed Oak Ridge as a self-sustaining concessional development.
Gail Barley Interior Design, New York, NY, US, Intern, Executive Assistant, Interior Designer
• Provided comprehensive executive/personal administrative support to owner.
• Surveyed and documented existing spaces and furniture pieces; provided clients with an estimated budget for the proposed and discussed necessary work.
• Conceptualized and collaborated various aspects of over 20 projects with employer, architects, contractors, clients, vendors, etc.
• Researched, designed, produced, and specified furniture, hardware, finishes, etc. geared towards a client’s liking.
• Supervised, managed, inspected, punch-listed, and resolved any construction and installation issues.
• Provided comprehensive marketing support to generate revenue, including photographing clients’ spaces.
• Trained & managed temporary support/interns as needed; educated and delegated manageable tasks to the intern.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech), Blacksburg, VA, US, Bachelors, Interior Design
Studied Interior Design with concentrations in Architecture and Industrial Design. Experimented with pottery, model building, developing products with laser cutting technology, as well as standard wood and metal shop equipment. Attended a lighting design class, numerous architecture and interior design history classes, and several materials classes.