To Whom It May Concern:
Attached please find my resume for your review in consideration of the Project Architect / Manager / Designer position posted on your company’s website, dated January, 2014. My diverse background has involved both Senior Project Design and Senior Project Manager positions. Highlights of my background are as follows:
• Extensive experience running and developing multiple accounts designing prototype work for several retail and commercial locations in major metropolitan downtown areas of New York, Chicago and Philadelphia. I have taken projects from the proposal writing phase, right through project closeout.
• Currently licensed in New York and New Jersey with completed projects published in numerous retail trade journals. I have attended and testified before numerous Civic and Planning Board meetings during the approvals process for the various projects under my charge.
• Certification in AutoCAD 2010 / Revit, excellent working knowledge of SketchUp,VRay, Maxwell and 3DsMax, as well as expert freehand drawing skills in architectural disciplines.
• I possess the ability to provide excellent client services and team management utilizing my communication and organizational skills. I perform successfully in a deadline driven and multi-tasking environment.
My management skills with projects in excess of $70 million, my professional and personable style and versatility in the architectural and design field will all reflect well in a position with your firm.
Please feel free to contact me should my background be suitable for any senior management positions you may currently have available. I can be reached at 973-492-1605 or by email email@example.com.
Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
John J. Pandolfino AIA
United States Eastern District Bankruptcy Court, Brooklyn Heights, NY, US, Senior Project Architect
United States Eastern District Bankruptcy Court
February 2012- Present
Senior Project Architect / Owners Representative
Acted as the Senior Project Architect for the Court on a 63 Million dollar facade renovation and
7 million dollar energy systems upgrade of the Conrad Duberstein Courthouse at 271 Cadman Plaza East Brooklyn, NY.
Attended all project meetings, coordinated all court related issues with the GSA, Lend Lease and the General Contractors for the project and reported project progress and potential issues back to the Chief Judge and Clerk of the Court.
Maintained the Meeting Minutes of all meetings with the Chief Judge and Clerk of the Court.
Coordinated all and any court operational issues with the schedule for construction of the project.
Acted as the eyes and ears on all matters relating to court scheduling and operation during construction.
Prepared all necessary drawings and coordinated all Judge relocations within the Courthouse during construction.
Acted as the point of contact for all issues the Judge's may have been experiencing on a daily basis
during the course of construction.
NK Architects, Senior Project Architect
JOHN J. PANDOLFINO A.I.A.
Kinnelon, NJ 07405
Senior Project Architect / Senior Project Manager well versed in all aspects of design, legal building regulations and specifications possessing an exceptional work history in a results driven environment. Published, award winning designs.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Licensed and certified Architect – NY (C16473), NJ (C08769) – NYIT Degree – Architecture
• Manage and supervise 10 members of architectural teams overseeing projects including schools, spec office building, correctional facilities, multi-family housing both interior and exterior projects, prototype interior development, retail, restaurant and offices.
• Site planning and zoning analysis/bulk regulations
• Clear understanding of governmental approval processes (i.e. planning boards, civic associations and historical preservation associations)
• Revit & AutoCAD 2010 Certification – CDM Institute, Wayne, NJ
• Microsoft Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Effective public speaking abilities
John J. Pandolfino AIA 2009-Present
Consulted on various projects from working with the School Construction Authority of the NYC Board of Education, Walgreens &the McDonalds Corporation.
Designed and managed projects in several architectural interior and exterior disciplines. Provided professional services in site planning, building design and interior planning and design. Worked directly with clients to develop programs and design direction and contract documents for construction.
Tricarico, Wayne, NJ 1997 – 2009
Director of Design/Senior Project Manager
Designed and managed projects in several architectural interior and exterior disciplines. Provided professional services in site planning, building design and interior planning and design. Worked directly with clients to develop programs and design direction. Oversaw million dollar projects from initial stages to final completion.
• Woof and Co. - Purebred Dog Store 2500sf
• T. V. Inventions-As Seen on TV Product retail store 3500sf
• Garmany - Men’s and Women’s Store - 38,000sf High end Retail
• BMW Mini - Dealer Showroom 1500sf
• K&G Lexington and 42nd Street, NYC-40,000sf off price retail store
• Modells 34th and 6th Ave. NYC-15,000sf Sports store
• Sienna Grille- 150 seat restaurant
• Georgette Klinger- High End Women’s Spa- 4500sf
Shopping Center Designs
• Flemington Circle Outlet Center -150,000sf re-imaging with 11,000sf addition
• The Crossings II-175,000sf Retail and Entertainment Center
• Lebanon Plaza -Michaels and Petsmart additions -55,000sf renovation
• Denville Square Shopping Center - 40,000sf renovation with Walgreens addition
• Festival Plaza Shopping Center, Edison, NJ -250,000sf Reimaging with 2 new Pad Buildings
• Lindenhurst Shopping Center -150,000sf Reimaging
• Port Jefferson Shopping Center -125,000sf Reimaging with 17,000sf addition
• Marshalls (ground up building), Shirley, LI
• Men’s Wearhouse (ground up buildings-Menlo Park, NJ, Colorado Springs, CO, Raleigh, NC
• Ross’s Corner, Sussex, NJ- 330,000sf Lifestyle Center
• Chipotle Mexican Grille, Wayne, NJ& New Brunswick NJ
• Walgreens- Denville, NJ
• Tiffany / Garmany Building, Red Bank, NJ –Façade/Building Remediation, Handicapped Accessibility
• Tricarico, Wayne, NJ - Lobby Design
• Victoria’s Secret, Prototype Value Engineering Systemization
• The Station Restaurant, Mountain Lakes, NJ
• Choices Restaurant / Au Bon Pan, Tannersville, PA, Woodbury Commons
• Manhattan Mini Storage, New York, NY - Storage facility
Calvin Klein Incorporated, New York, NY August 1996-March 1997
Senior Project Architect/ Senior Project Designer/Senior Project Manager
Responsible for construction of 50+ worldwide"shop-in-shops "for licensee, Warnaco Inc. ranging in size from 400-3.000sqft. Total con¬struction budget in excess of $5 million.
Tobin Parnes Design Enterprises, New York, NY February 1990-August 1996
Project Architect/ Senior Project Designer – Projects included:
Episode Stores 2,500 sq ft - 6,000 sq ft.
• Madison Avenue New York, NY
• Old Orchard Mall Skokie, 1L
• Bellevue Square Seattle, WA
• The Westchester Mall Westchester
• King of Prussia Philadelphia, PA
• Rodeo Drive Los Angeles, CA
• Woodlane Plaza Dallas, TX
• Somerset Collection Troy, Ml,
• 900 N. Michigan;Chicago, IL
• Somerset Mall; Troy, MI
• Tysons Corner; McLean, VA
• Lenox Square Mall, Atlanta, GA
• Boca Town Center, Boca Raton, FL
• Riverside Square Mall, Hackensack, NJ
• Television City Proposed Restaurant Rockefeller Center, New York, NY
Television Theme Restaurant, Seating 250, 8,500 sqft, approx. cost, $2.5 million
• Parker Meridien Hotel Proposed Restaurant, French restaurant seating 108; 5,500 sqft;
• Proposed Restaurant Bay-ridge, Brooklyn, NY, Restaurant seating 149; 7,600 sqft, approx. cost $1.2M
Offices / Facades
• The Paramount Building 1501 Broadway, NY - Grade level facade design including signage system
• Kwasha Lipton Fort Lee, NJ -Planning and design for 20, 000 sqft. Floor office space
Hambrecht Terrell, P.C. Architects, New York, NY July 1987-January 1990
Senior Project Designer - Projects included:
• Duty Free Shoppers Ltd. Honolulu, HI - 250,000 sqft, $70 million addition of 5 story retail building to existing facility. Acted as project architect during design development and contract document phase. Assisted in planning and with the creative direction of interior.
• Congressional Plaza Rockville, MD - Feasibility study of 500.000 sqft, $32 million three level shopping center
• Kwasha Lipton Fort Lee, NJ - Building facilities upgrade including design of entrance facade and lobby, elevator cab and classroom
• St. Paul's Senior Citizens Center, West New York, NJ - 84,000 sqft, 100 unit housing facility including on-site parking, day care center, chapel, cafeteria, lounges and roof terrace
Rothe-Johnson Associates, Edison, NJ January 1986-June 1987
Project Designer - Projects included:
• Golden Triangle New Brunswick, NJ: 250,000 sqft office building for DKM Properties
• Middlesex County Correctional Facility Proposed Expansion Middlesex, NJ - 252 bed pod scheme and master plan for 500 bed future expansion
• New York College of Podiatric Medicine Academic Building New York, NY: 43,000 sqft addition providing classrooms, student lounge and expanded clinic facilities
• Raritan Heights New Brunswick, NJ: Proposed luxury apartments (1000 units) located on the banks of the Raritan River
References available upon request
CDM Institute, BArch, Advanced Auto Cadd / Revit
Certifications in Advanced Autocadd and Revit Architecture
New York Institute of Technology (NYIT), Bachelors, Architecture
Store of The Year, 1st Place
38,000sf High End Mens and Womens Retail Store in Red Bank, NJ