see all...Viewing 3 out of 10 projects
I am trained as an architect, but am interested in so much more - set design, furniture, posters, fashion, music, printmaking, stop-motion animation, lighting design, vintage wallpaper, cooking, meditation, yoga, film, popular culture, travel, clouds, neuroscience, color theory and on and on and on.
I am trying to redefine architectural practice by taking on whatever type of project interests me - anything from a small kitchen renovation to the conceptual design for a video game. I am currently working on a line of wallpaper and fabrics inspired by architecture, continually refining furniture designs in preparation for prototype development and a series of light fixtures utilizing LED technology.
MDL Architecture, Brooklyn, NY, US, owner
T P G Architecture, New York, NY, US, Associate - Senior Project Manager/Designer
• Managed design and implementation of new office and showroom space for Stuart Weitzman and Burberry Americas.
• Established design vision for new Joseph Abboud headquarters. Worked with CEO and VP of Marketing to delineate design as related to brand identity. Managed construction budget of $1.7m.
• Oversee design and implementation of tenant improvements ranging from 5000 to 24,000 square feet. Develop planning and programming documentation to assess space requirements and prepare feasibility studies for lease negotiations. Manage workflow and establish deliverables to ensure proper staffing throughout project duration. Manage construction budgets up to $7m.
Limited Brands, New York, NY, US, Design Manager
• Managed the strategic development of Victoria’s Secret Pink in key markets.
• Refined and developed initial flagship design for freestanding stores.
• Designed fixture prototypes based on evolving product distortions as directed by merchandising team.
• Developed pop-up shop concept with PR team and oversaw execution at brand events (Pinkapalooza, Santa Monica; Rally at the Raleigh, South Beach) to maintain brand consistency with new store concept.
McCall Design Group, San Francisco, CA, US, Associate - Senior Project Manager/Designer
• Partnered with Vice President of Emerging Brands and Design Architect to delineate and develop overall brand image and story, resulting in a consistent architectural expression carried through a fleet of stores from freestanding flagships to smaller shop-in-shop locations.
• Developed fixtures to diversify product assortment growth objectives, e.g., flexible storage for hard and soft goods.
• Worked with merchants and planning team to strategize ideal store layouts as related to market.
Lalire March Architects, New York, NY, US, Project Architect/Manager/Designer
Designed and managed construction of a 5000 square foot apartment combination on Park Avenue.
Designed fixture prototypes for stila cosmetics to maximize sales volume per square foot. Designed high-profile flagship stores for Tommy Hilfiger and J. Crew. Streamlined production of construction documents and established design standards to ensure quality control.
Projects: 955 Park Avenue, Laundry by Shelli Segal, Stila Cosmetics, Tommy Hilfiger, J. Crew
Edward Mills Associates, New York, Project Architect/Manager/Designer
Redeveloped prototype details from UK flagship for use in the United States
Developed construction details to conform to jurisdictional requirements
Produced construction documents for new store rollout
Projects: French Connection – Newbury Street, Boston; Powell Street, San Francisco; Desert Passage, Las Vegas
Design Laboratories , New York, NY, US, Project Architect/Manager/Designer
Designed, produced construction documents and managed construction of high-end residential renovations, ranging from SoHo lofts to prewar apartments and small commercial projects
Designed and detailed custom millwork fixtures and furnishings
Projects: Various residential and commercial projects
Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, MArch, Architecture
Focus on architectural history and theory. "Architecture and Technology" thesis. Examination of the role of sustainability, technology and history in the articulation of architectural expression. Argued for architecture grounded in history and meaning while looking forward via sustainability and technology.
University of Houston, Houston, TX, US, BArch, Architecture
Dual degree in Art History, with a concentration in Modern Art and Egypt, Greece and Rome. Honors Studio 1993-1995.