KLA Tencor, Milpitas, CA, US, Workplace Designer / Project Manager
As a Workplace Designer / Project Manager in facilities team worked with various groups on lab, office and supporting space renovation projects (>400 K sf total designed; main and field offices).
Roles and responsibilities:
- Managed multiple construction projects (office and lab) from bid to closeout and warranty period
- Finished time-critical projects on or ahead of schedule
- Conducted office/conference utilization study, evaluated results and prepared reports
- Gathered project requirements to be implemented in design and construction
- Developed/evaluated multiple concepts and presented options to groups/management
- Coordinated work and collaborated with stakeholders, architects, contractors and team members
- Designed spaces with higher utilization potential based on studies and user input
- Developed and implemented standards for typical office spaces at headquarters location
- Participated in space planning for office, lab and clean room projects
- Prepared 2D and 3D drawings, renderings and presentations
- Coordinated campus FAR increase and Lot Line Adjustment projects with consultants and city agencies
- Elected for a Vice-Chair position on KLA-Tencor Green Team
DLA Architecture, Drafter
Drafted plans for commercial, residential and mixed-use projects. Performed code research, website work and preparation of presentation drawings for entitlement projects.
BSB Design, Intern
Internship position working with commercial and residential projects (single and multi-family). Performed work from design development to construction document phases. Created plans for multiple building styles from schematics, addressed plan checks, performed document quality checks and coordinated work with consultants and team members.
Costa de Leon Properties, Drafter
Created documentation and picked up redlines for remodel and custom home projects. Participated in on-site construction work at one of the remodels.
Scott Jay Smaby, Architect, Consultant
Drafting consultant on commercial, steel-frame projects. Prepared full construction document sets for city submittals. Modified and created CAD standards to streamline production.
Structural Drafting Services, Drafter
Drafted structural roof, floor framing, foundation plans and details for custom home projects. Revised drawings based on provided redlines, created custom CAD objects and performed project setup from prototype.
California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, BArch, Architecture
Received BArch and Minor in Real Property Development