City Optix, San Francisco, CA, US, Optician
- Received a decades-worth of experience by working directly under a German master-optician.
- Acquired my optician’s license within 4 months.
- Worked closely with handmade eyewear, often performing major repairs and cutting/fitting lenses.
- Catered to the needs of customers in a well-established, long-running small business environment.
- Within the first year, became a leading sales representative with the ability to train new hires.
LensCrafters, San Francisco, CA, US, Eyewear Consultant
- Set out with absolutely no understanding or knowledge of optics or eyewear.
- Quickly familiarized myself with face-types and corresponding frames.
- Aided customers in finding and being comfortable in their ideal frame choice.
- Within fifteen months, got recruited to work with a master optician at a private office.
Vacuum & Sewing World, San Jose, Sales/Manager
- Addressed customers’ demands in two separate locations.
- Sold vacuum cleaners and sewing machines based on the unique needs of each customer.
- Answered calls and questions, operated cash register, and directed customers to the professional repair department when necessary.
- Created a warm, comfortable environment for patrons.
Academy Of Art University, San Francisco, CA, US, BArch, Architecture
- Currently enrolled at Academy of Art University - B. Arch
- Expected date of graduation - Spring 2015
- Active member of Academy of Art University AIAS Chapter
- Currently working towards starting a Freedom by Design program for the Bay Area.
- Worked with a small team of six to organize and host the biannual AIAS West-Quadrant Conference in Fall 2012.
- 2012 West-Quad roles included, but were not limited to, finding and funding guest speakers, as well as organizing social events.
- After working diligently through several months, invited several successful keynote speakers such as Marika Shioiri-Clark of Mass Design Group, and Bob Habian of Basalite Concrete Products.