MHA (Michael Hong Architects), Jeddah, SA, Project Architect
Responsible for finalizing a project from concept design through design development.
Prepare presentations,drawings schedules and visual graphics for all project phases.
responsible for the design development drawing package.
coordinate drawings with different project teams, engineers, vendors.
responsible for progress meeting with clients
responsible for Managing and planning project resources and budget.
● A. Villa : Assisted the design director to finalize the concept design for a 1600 m² villa in Riyadh.
● Mobily Khobar : 15,000 m² tier III data center and office space for Mobily, the 2nd largest telecom company in SA. The project isa 2 basement floors, 2 data center floors, 3 call center floors and a cafeteria floor to serve the 800 employee. Worked from concept to schematic proposing the planning of the facility and producing its drawings. In charge of implementing all architectural standards of tier III and coordinating them with the mechanical and structural requirements, responsible for meeting with client and their project management team. Responsible for resource management and budget control.
● SA Embassy Brunei : worked on the concept design until approval of the stage, coordinated with the associate architect in Brunei to implement codes and regulations of the country at the same time implementing the security planning regulations of the ministry of foreign affairs.
● Savola Headquarters : Finished the Design Development phase for an existing concept design for a 40,000 m² office building. Responsible for MEP and Structural coordination, client meeting, resource allocation and project planning, budget control.
● Emaar Jeddah Gate : designed a 30,000 m² shell and core, retail and office space for Emaar Middle East , worked on the project until design development stage. responsible for following the design handbook of the developer and meeting their business model,responsible for weekly progress meeting with client, meeting with city planning authorities to ensure approval since the project falls under category of special developments, in addition to coordination with mechanical and structural.
● LAS Villa : worked on the project from concept to design development, responsible for client meetings and the production of all design development drawings, details, schedules, HVAC coordination, material and furniture selections.
● ART center : developed a concept design for the 2008 world cup for ART tv network. the program comprised of a broadcast studio,outdoor space and a cafe.
● Mirage Tower : a 70 floor 120,000 m² residential tower, worked on the concept presentation booklet for 3 design options which were narrowed to 1, then carried on developing the chosen concept, primarily developing alternative plans for the residential apartments and penthouse.the project won prize for the best waterfront project in the Cityscape exhibition 2010.
● Various Housing Projects : worked on the concept design of housing units for a developer in Jeddah, Also
worked on the concept design for staff housing for Rocco Forte Hotel in Jeddah
Prime Construction, Jeddah, SA, Site Architect
Responsible for the following up the daily tasks on site.
Responsible for following up the finishing trade
Responsible for drawing details and construction drawings
Coordination with mechanical and structural engineers
Responsible for getting approvals from client representative
S. Headquarters : followed up the remodelling of a 2000 m² 2 floor existing commercial building into the headquarters of Al Subeaei Investment Company. Responsible for ensuring the refurbishment of the structural elements and installation of all new mechanical systems are in accordance with the design of the finishing trades.Prepared cut lists for the marble cladding of the facade, Marble bathrooms flooring. followed up the installation of wooden doors and wooden cladding in lobbies.reported to the technical manager.
Columbia University, New York, Masters, MsAAD
American University of Beirut, Beiurt, BArch, Architecture
Port Authority Exhibition, 1st Place
National Competition: Designed an exhibition space for the port authorities for the annual festival of Riyadh, The design was based on stacking recyclable shipping containers, that replicate the experience of the deck of the ship, or a shipping yard. the design can be dismantled ans assembled for use every year.